Tampa Bay Rays
Feb 24, 2015, 12:45 PM EST
Molina’s younger brother, Yadier Molina, is the Cardinals’ starting catcher.
Feb 23, 2015, 6:22 PM EST
Rays pitcher Drew Smyly says it’s unfair that a 19-year-old from the United States can’t get a similar bonus as Yoan Moncada.
Feb 9, 2015, 7:59 PM EST
Joyce batted .254 with nine home runs and .732 OPS (111 OPS+) across 140 games last season.
Feb 6, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
Jose Molina, a few months shy of 40 years old, will have to undergo knee surgery.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:50 PM EST
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times has the update …
Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 PM EST
McGee is expected to begin the season on the disabled list, but he’s hoping to return by late April or early May.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Ben Zobrist and his wife Julianna thanked Rays fans in a full-page ad for the Tampa Bay Times on Sunday.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
The Nationals don’t appear eager to move shortstop Ian Desmond at the moment.
Jan 18, 2015, 8:23 PM EST
The Nationals have some interest in free agent reliever Casey Janssen.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 14, 2015, 4:37 PM EST
Moore remains on schedule for a June return.
Jan 11, 2015, 8:17 PM EST
The Nationals, Mets, and Rays engaged in a discussion that would have resulted in a blockbuster trade involving Ben Zobrist and Ian Desmond. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Jan 10, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Josh Reddick openly criticized the logic behind the Josh Donaldson deal, but he’s back on board with Billy Beane’s plan after today’s trade for Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:37 PM EST
The Rays’ one-year deal with Asdrubal Cabrera has been made official. He’ll earn $7.5 million in 2015.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 7, 2015, 3:44 PM EST
More like Josh WALKman.
Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Jan 2, 2015, 9:52 PM EST
No James Shields or Max Scherzer for the Giants, but Ben Zobrist remains an option according to a recent report.
Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM EST
Seth Smith could read the writing on the wall after the Padres traded for Matt Kemp, Wil Myers, and Justin Upton.
Dec 30, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
It was reported as close to happening a few hours ago and now ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says it’s done: Seth Smith, 32-year-old Padres outfielder, has been traded to the Mariners in a straight swap for 24-year-old right-handed reliever Brandon Maurer.
Dec 30, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
Ben Zobrist could be on the move.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
According to Peter Gammons, some GMs think the Giants will eventually trade for Ben Zobrist.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 256
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (256)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)