Nov 16, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Rangers GM Jon Daniels will listen to interested teams on shortstop Elvis Andrus.
Nov 12, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
Both players will be removed from the Rangers’ 40-man roster.
Nov 12, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
He costs a lot and has declined in performance of late. Not exactly the sort of guy you jump at.
Nov 11, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 11, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Including the sentencing of the ringleader of the group which helped Leonys Martin get here.
Nov 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Andrus has an eight-year, $120 million contract that doesn’t even start until 2015.
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 4, 2014, 8:29 PM EST
The 2014 Gold Glove Award winners have been announced. Now you can help determine who wins the 2014 Platinum Glove — given each year (since 2011) to the top defensive player in each league.
Nov 4, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Winters in which the Phillies try to convince people that the old band has one more hit song left in them seem to be a thing of the past.
Nov 1, 2014, 10:01 AM EST
Rios became a free agent for the first time in his career yesterday after the Rangers declined his $13.5 million club option for 2015.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Colby Lewis will test free agency after he and the Rangers couldn’t strike a deal.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
Rios is now a free agent coming off a season in which he hit .280 with four homers and a .709 OPS in 131 games.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 18, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Rangers starter Colby Lewis suffered an elbow injury which marred his 2012-13 seasons, and he struggled mightily in 2014, but that isn’t stopping GM Jon Daniels in his pursuit to keep the right-hander in Arlington.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Oct 8, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Shocker. His buyout is $1 million.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EST
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 2, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
And we’re all the richer for it.
Sep 29, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Lewis has been with the Rangers since 2010.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
For a few years there, I saw it as my personal mission to the spread the gospel of Ron Gardenhire.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 28, 2014, 1:29 PM EST
The Mariners were certainly hoping that Derek Holland — who was scratched from his scheduled start Saturday against the A’s due to a migraine headache — would feel well enough to pitch in Sunday’s season finale. But no such luck for Seattle.
Sep 28, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
There are still three undecided races heading into the final day of the regular season: the American League Central, the National League Central, and the second American League Wild Card spot. Let’s get weird.
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 6
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 125
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (125)