Oct 18, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner and Jake Peavy will start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 14, 2014, 7:33 PM EST
Randy Choate came in and things got weird.
Oct 14, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Randal Grichuk lost track of a ball at the right field wall in the first inning, contributing to the Giants’ big four-run opening frame, but he just redeemed himself with a game-tying solo shot high and deep down the left field line in the top of the seventh.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
Mike Matheny goes with A.J. Pierzynski as Yadier Molina’s replacement.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:38 PM EST
Before Kolten Wong connected for a walk-off home run to win Game 2 of the NLCS for the Cardinals last night, the Giants tied things up when Matt Duffy scored all the way from second base on a wild pitch from Trevor Rosenthal. Here’s a look at how it all went down.
Oct 12, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong ended a back-and-forth affair in Game 2 of the NLCS with a walk-off solo home run to lead off the bottom of the ninth inning against the Giants.
Oct 12, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy has tabbed Tim Hudson and Ryan Vogelsong for starts in Games 3 and 4 of the NLCS, respectively.
Oct 8, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
No surprises for manager Bruce Bochy.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:02 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann versus Drew Storen was not a gimme.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 4, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
The Cardinals and Giants are aiming to head home with 2-0 series leads. Meanwhile, the Dodgers and Nationals will be looking to rebound after tough Game 1 losses.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Jake Peavy was excellent on Friday as he helped pitch the Giants past the Nationals to take a 1-0 lead in the NLDS.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
Oct 2, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Peavy struggled for the Red Sox last season and this season, but then posted a 2.17 ERA in 12 starts for the Giants following a July 26 trade.
Oct 2, 2014, 12:24 PM EST
Quite a salty day for the Giants starter
Oct 2, 2014, 10:26 AM EST
I’m assuming they do. The Rawlings people supply each team with cases and cases of them. Or am I missing something here?
Sep 24, 2014, 11:13 PM EST
Watch as Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw robs opposing starter Tim Hudson of what might have been a two-run single with this slick behind-the-back grab Wednesday night in Los Angeles …
Sep 20, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
Hudson has a 9.92 ERA over four starts this month.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
“That game was probably more impressive than a lot of no-hitters.”
Aug 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Joe Nathan blew his seventh save on Saturday afternoon, but manager Brad Ausmus gave his closer a vote of confidence.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 66
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 121
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 156
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (156)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)