May 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
After three straight rough seasons in which he went 32-38 with a 4.76 ERA, two-time Cy Young winner Tim Lincecum is shutting lineups down again.
May 21, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Outside of Bryce Harper’s ejection, there were really no exciting doings in Major League Baseball last night. So let’s talk about “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
May 14, 2015, 10:18 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum came into tonight’s start against the Reds on quite the roll, but he had some real issues with the mound at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati.
May 11, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He retired 21 straight hitters Sunday, striking out 11.
May 4, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
Some late-inning heroics. Extra-innings heroics, actually. Like baseball is some kind of gosh darned after hours club or something.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 7, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Correia was released by the Mariners at the end of spring training after posting a 16.88 ERA in three Cactus League appearances. The 34-year-old will act as orgnizational rotation depth for the Giants, who badly need it now that …
Apr 6, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
Cain was expected to start Wednesday against the Diamondbacks, but that’s up in the air now.
Mar 20, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The Giants surprised last season with their third World Series title in the past five seasons. What are the chances of a repeat?
Jan 22, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
It appeared that Ryan Vogelsong was closing in on a deal with the Astros just a couple of days ago, but the Giants jumped back into the mix last night and now it looks like a reunion will happen.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Dec 27, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Giants finalized their new two-year, $24 million contract with Jake Peavy this week.
Nov 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
“I mean, where else would I rather be?”
Oct 23, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum is being sent for an MRI regarding the lower back/side issue which caused him to exit from Game 2 of the World Series on Wednesday night.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
The Freak was back last night. And he did OK, though he left with a stiff back.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:37 PM EDT
“I was doing some stuff in the training room.”
Oct 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum woke up with a stiff neck and cut his workout short on Saturday, but is still expected to be ready when the World Series starts on Tuesday.
Oct 18, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner and Jake Peavy will start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:26 AM EDT
A handy checklist to help you decide who to root for in the Fall Classic
Oct 6, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy also announced that Jake Peavy would start Game 5, if needed.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Hudson has a 9.92 ERA over four starts this month.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
“That game was probably more impressive than a lot of no-hitters.”
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)