Oct 23, 2014, 6:49 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum is being sent for an MRI regarding the lower back/side issue which caused him to exit from Game 2 of the World Series on Wednesday night.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
The Freak was back last night. And he did OK, though he left with a stiff back.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:37 PM EDT
“I was doing some stuff in the training room.”
Oct 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum woke up with a stiff neck and cut his workout short on Saturday, but is still expected to be ready when the World Series starts on Tuesday.
Oct 18, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner and Jake Peavy will start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:26 AM EDT
A handy checklist to help you decide who to root for in the Fall Classic
Oct 6, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy also announced that Jake Peavy would start Game 5, if needed.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EDT
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
Sep 20, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
Hudson has a 9.92 ERA over four starts this month.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
“That game was probably more impressive than a lot of no-hitters.”
Aug 25, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum is bullpen-bound after posting a 9.49 ERA over his last six starts
Aug 24, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The struggling Tim Lincecum could be moved out of the Giants’ rotation in favor of Yusmeiro Petit, who has been on a roll.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EDT
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
He’s probably the fifth starter on this Tigers team at the moment. So why not?
Jul 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The Giants’ 9-6 victory over the Phillies lasted 14 innings, involved 16 pitchers throwing 507 times to the plate, took five hours and 46 minutes, included more cramping than a track meet for septuagenarians and it finally ended 7 minutes before 1 a.m. Wednesday morning at Citizens Bank Park when Tim Lincecum really and truly recorded his first career save.
Jul 23, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
Jonathan Lucory hit two homers last night, including the walkoff.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EDT
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Odrisamer Despaigne is attempting to do something no Padres pitcher has ever done: throw a no-hitter.
Jul 20, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
Watch as Marlins third baseman Casey McGehee goes deep to left-center for a first-inning two-run homer off Giants starter Tim Lincecum on Sunday afternoon in Miami …
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 7, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Tim Lincecum faced the Padres yesterday for the first time since no-hitting them on June 25, but rather than throwing his third no-hitter against San Diego in the past two years he merely settled for 6.1 innings of one-run ball–with three whole hits allowed!–in a Giants victory.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 2, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
He didn’t pull a Vander Meer, but he’s still rolling with the shutout innings.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
In today’s regretfully abbreviated version of ATH, a couple of usual scoreless performances.
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 2
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 3
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 33
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)