Dec 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Need some pitching? The Marlins have a lot of it and are willing to use a pitcher or two to address other areas of need.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
Tom Koehler didn’t get an out in the most comfortable way, but he got an out nonetheless.
Jul 5, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Andrew Heaney allowed 15 runs in his first 20 2/3 innings in the major leagues. The Marlins optioned him back to Triple-A New Orleans, but Heaney should be back soon enough.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EST
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Sep 16, 2013, 5:00 AM EST
Mets 1, Marlins 0: There were 12 pitchers in this game. Eleven of them didn’t allow any runs, including both starters, Dillon Gee and Tom Koehler. Travis d’Arnaud singled off Zach Phillips in the 12th for the game’s only run. All of those zeroes made me think of one of my favorite movies of all time. Quite…
Aug 2, 2013, 6:18 AM EST
Giants 2, Phillies 1: A few days ago Jonathan Papelbon watched his team lose another game and said “I definitely didn’t come here for this.” Well, they didn’t show up at the ballpark yesterday expecting Papelbon to give up four singles and blow the lead. Again. Cole Hamels‘ eight shutout innings were for naught and…
Jun 21, 2013, 6:55 AM EST
Mets 4, Braves 3: Good news: two solo homers for David Wright and five scoreless innings from the bullpen. Bad news: The reason the pen was needed for five innings is that Jon Neise had to leave the game with shoulder problems. Braves news: ugh, you guys have looked positively crappy of late. Tigers 4,…
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)