Aug 3, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
It’s August 3 and the Mets are all alone in first place in the National League East.
Jul 24, 2015, 7:34 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. the Mets? How is that in any way fair?
Jun 27, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Watch Adeiny Hechavarria and Dee Gordon turn a stellar double play against the Dodgers.
Jun 21, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
Nicolino fired seven scoreless innings in his major league debut Saturday afternoon at Great American Ball Park, yielding only four hits and two walks in one of the least pitcher-friendly stadiums in MLB.
Jun 20, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Could the Marlins trade a pair of pitchers? One report says yes.
Jun 20, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
Tom Koehler is dealing with neck/back issue, so the Marlins have called up prospect left-hander Justin Nicolino to make his major league debut tonight against the Reds.
May 16, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Marlins right-hander Henderson Alvarez went down last month with shoulder inflammation, but he’s set to return Sunday against the Braves.
Dec 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Need some pitching? The Marlins have a lot of it and are willing to use a pitcher or two to address other areas of need.
Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Tom Koehler didn’t get an out in the most comfortable way, but he got an out nonetheless.
Jul 5, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Andrew Heaney allowed 15 runs in his first 20 2/3 innings in the major leagues. The Marlins optioned him back to Triple-A New Orleans, but Heaney should be back soon enough.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:23 AM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion: “He hanged it, I banged it.” He actually said that.
Sep 16, 2013, 5:00 AM EDT
Mets 1, Marlins 0: There were 12 pitchers in this game. Eleven of them didn’t allow any runs, including both starters, Dillon Gee and Tom Koehler. Travis d’Arnaud singled off Zach Phillips in the 12th for the game’s only run. All of those zeroes made me think of one of my favorite movies of all time. Quite…
Aug 2, 2013, 6:18 AM EDT
Giants 2, Phillies 1: A few days ago Jonathan Papelbon watched his team lose another game and said “I definitely didn’t come here for this.” Well, they didn’t show up at the ballpark yesterday expecting Papelbon to give up four singles and blow the lead. Again. Cole Hamels‘ eight shutout innings were for naught and…
Jun 21, 2013, 6:55 AM EDT
Mets 4, Braves 3: Good news: two solo homers for David Wright and five scoreless innings from the bullpen. Bad news: The reason the pen was needed for five innings is that Jon Neise had to leave the game with shoulder problems. Braves news: ugh, you guys have looked positively crappy of late. Tigers 4,…
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)