Aug 7, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Junior Lake, acquired from the Cubs in the Tommy Hunter trade, joins the Orioles at the expense of Travis Snider.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Bullpen help for Chicago.
Jan 12, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Hunter struggled as the Orioles’ closer early last year before finishing the season strong in a set-up role.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Tommy Hunter puts in a day of work at the Orioles’ team store under the pseudonym “Ray”.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
The Orioles fell behind 5-1 but a three-run fifth inning helped them pull to within one run of the Royals in Game 1 of the ALCS.
Oct 10, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Chris Tillman didn’t go nearly as deep into his ALCS Game 1 start against the Royals as the Orioles had hoped. He failed to make it out of the fifth inning on Friday.
Oct 10, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
The Royals battered Orioles starter Chris Tillman for four runs in the third inning of ALCS Game 1.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
This is the largest division lead for the Orioles since way back on September 22, 1979.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 8, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
Tommy Hunter is back with the Orioles after a stint on the disabled list battling a strained groin.
May 22, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
Well, he hasn’t been helping too much anyway lately, so maybe not a horrible thing for the team.
May 16, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Heath Bell, recently released by the Rays, will stay in the AL East now that he signed a minor league deal with the Orioles.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
Apr 6, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Unfortunately, there will NOT be a 162-0 team this season.
Apr 1, 2014, 5:50 AM EDT
Does winning on Opening Day mean anything? I dunno, ask Oakland and Seattle.
Mar 28, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Baltimore Orioles. The Big Question: Is there enough pitching here to get the O’s back to the playoffs? The Orioles…
Feb 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Baltimore was linked to Ervin Santana before signing Ubaldo Jimenez to a four-year, $50 million deal and now Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Orioles are still interesting in added Santana too. Because they’ve already parted with their first-round draft pick to sign Jimenez the Orioles would only need to give up a second-round…
Feb 8, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
Now that Fernando Rodney has reportedly agreed to a two-year, $14 million contract with the Mariners, Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com writes that Tommy Hunter is expected to take over the closer role for the Orioles. Of course, that wasn’t the original plan. After the Orioles traded Jim Johnson to the Athletics in early December, they…
Feb 7, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
We tried this with the rotations the other day. Once again, I’ll be dipping into my 2014 projections here to rank the bullpens. To come up with the following bullpen ERAs, I simply combined each team’s seven highest-IP relievers, according to my projections. AL Royals – 2.93 Red Sox – 3.14 Athletics – 3.16 Rangers…
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)