Aug 14, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
Alonso previously missed about six weeks in June and July with right wrist tendinitis and he’d been on fire since returning, hitting .421 in 15 games.
Jun 24, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
What could have been a turn-around start in a disappointing season for Matt Cain quickly turned into another bad loss.
Apr 30, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Jedd Gyroko was activated from the paternity leave list Wednesday after missing two games to be with his wife as she gave birth to twin boys.
Apr 25, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Padres right-hander Andrew Cashner played left field last night–in a game he didn’t even start–because manager Bud Black didn’t want to burn through another bench player in an extra-inning game.
Mar 30, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for MLB’s “Opening Night” game Sunday between the Dodgers and Padres at San Diego’s Petco Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:05 p.m. ET on ESPN. Los Angeles Dodgers LF Carl Crawford RF Yasiel Puig SS Hanley Ramirez 1B Adrian Gonzalez CF Andre Ethier 3B Juan Uribe C…
Sep 15, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Padres starter Burch Smith proved to be too much for the Braves’ offense this afternoon as the right-hander shut them out over seven innings, logging ten strikeouts. Behind Chase Headley‘s two-run home run in the sixth and Tommy Medica‘s solo shot in the seventh, the Padres had more than enough offense to topple the NL…
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)