Sep 3, 2015, 7:55 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw strikes out 15 as the Dodgers sweep the Giants.
Aug 13, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Minnesota’s best pitching prospect, Jose Berrios, remains at Triple-A.
Jul 25, 2015, 11:25 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez hit three home runs to help the Yankees take down the Twins on Saturday.
Jul 1, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Santana has been “rehabbing” in the minors.
Apr 30, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Nolasco has a 5.61 ERA in 28 starts for the Twins.
Apr 29, 2015, 3:37 PM EDT
Minnesota already has Ricky Nolasco on the disabled list and Ervin Santana suspended until July.
Apr 3, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Mike Pelfrey gets what he wants after all: a spot in the Twins’ starting rotation.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Mike Pelfrey took back his comments about being happy with a trade to a team that would use him as a starter.
Mar 28, 2015, 10:11 AM EDT
Pelfrey owns an ugly 5.56 ERA in 34 starts dating back to 2013.
Mar 20, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
He lost a battle with Mike Pelfrey and Tommy Milone.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
New Twins manager Paul Molitor cracked down on electronics usage in his first address to the full squad at spring training.
Jan 25, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Twins prospect Alex Meyer is open to contributing out of the bullpen if he doesn’t win a rotation spot in spring training.
Jan 24, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
Tommy Milone underwent neck surgery in December to remove a benign tumor, but he was able to resume throwing just over two weeks later.
Sep 13, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
Milone has struggled to the tune of a 7.40 ERA and 12/11 K/BB ratio in 20 2/3 innings over his first five starts with Minnesota.
Sep 4, 2014, 5:40 PM EDT
Milone has allowed 21 runs in 21 innings for the Twins spread over five starts, including a 12/11 K/BB ratio.
Aug 12, 2014, 10:16 AM EDT
Astros prospect Domingo Santana hit .292 with 14 homers and an .844 OPS in 104 games at Triple-A to earn his first call-up to the big leagues, but the 21-year-old outfielder has been an absolute mess so far in Houston.
Jul 5, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The Tigers — Justin Verlander specifically — have booted the Athletics out of the ALDS in each of the last two seasons in heart-breaking Game Fives. That’s why Verlander thinks that the A’s had them in mind when they acquired Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel from the Cubs on Friday.
Jul 5, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
The A’s did a bit of roster maneuvering in the wake of Friday’s Jeff Samardzija/Jason Hammel trade.
Jul 4, 2014, 11:38 PM EDT
Billy Beane gets a jump on the trade market by parting with Addison Russell, Billy McKinney.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Outfield prospect Billy McKinney and right-hander Dan Straily also on the move to the Cubs.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The A’s reached the halfway mark of their season Sunday, and it’s tough to find too much fault with what took place over the first 81 games.
Jun 18, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
There is one lone sticker on the nameplates in the A’s locker room. It boasts the words “Clutch Norris” above Derek Norris’ stall.
May 3, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
The back of the Athletics’ starting rotation has been unreliable, so they may deal from depth to address the situation.
Mar 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Oakland Athletics. The Big Question: Is there life without Jarrod Parker? The A’s rotation has been a strength over…
Mar 23, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
The A’s announced Sunday, via MLB.com’s Jane Lee, that right-hander Sonny Gray will start on Opening Day, March 31, against the Indians. He will be followed in the Oakland starting rotation by Scott Kazmir, Jesse Chavez, Dan Straily, and Tommy Milone — in that exact order. Gray, 24, had a 2.67 ERA (140 ERA+), 1.019…
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)