Mar 6, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Campana signed a minor-league deal with the White Sox in November.
Feb 10, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
It’s a particularly tough injury for Campana because almost all of his value comes from speed and defense.
Nov 28, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The White Sox signed speedster Tony Campana to a minor league deal.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:41 AM EDT
Overstocking the bullpen has done the Halos little good so far.
Sep 24, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT
From Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register comes word that Angels outfielder Mike Trout had to make an early exit from Wednesday afternoon’s game against the A’s because of a stomach bug.
Feb 10, 2013, 4:27 PM EDT
Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have finalized their two-year, $5 million free agent contract with Scott Hairston and designated Tony Campana for assignment to clear roster room. Hairston will get regular playing time in right field this season in Chicago after batting .263 with a solid .803 OPS and a…
Jun 26, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Chicago made it official, calling up first base prospect Anthony Rizzo from Triple-A before tonight’s game. And while the Cubs took their sweet time promoting him from Triple-A they wasted no time throwing him into the middle of the lineup. Rizzo is playing first base and batting third in his Cubs debut, pushing Bryan LaHair…
Apr 25, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Tony La Russa was ejected once every 50 or so games throughout his 33-year managing career, but it took his replacement, Mike Matheny, just three weeks and 18 games to get the boot for the first time. Matheny received his first career ejection last night when he argued with second base umpire Bill Welke over…
Apr 25, 2012, 6:03 AM EDT
Rangers 2, Yankees 0: Yu Darvish finally arrives. Eight and a third innings, ten strikeouts and a big goose egg in the runs column against the best offense in baseball. Rays 5, Angels 0: David Price: five-hit shutout. Albert Pujols: 0 for 4. He has the lowest slugging percentage of anyone in last night’s Angels…
Apr 21, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
UPDATE: Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald reports that Bowden is indeed headed to Chicago along with a player to be named later. The Cubs will cover “most” of the $6.5 million remaining on Byrd’s contract. 5:51: According to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com, Marlon Byrd confirmed that he has been traded to the Red Sox.…
Apr 21, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have placed right-hander Ryan Dempster on the disabled list with a quad strain. Dempster was considered questionable for Sunday’s scheduled start after undergoing an MRI yesterday. The Cubs have recalled outfielder Tony Campana to take Dempster’s place on the roster and will call up…
Feb 14, 2012, 6:13 PM EDT
Forget about 2012 and probably 2013 as well; the Cubs are thinking long-term after luring Theo Epstein from Boston as their new showrunner. This year’s club won’t necessarily be one of the worst in baseball — the pitching depth could help it avoid that fate — but there’s also little in the way of upside…
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 65
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 60
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)