Tony Pena Jr.
Jan 3, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Carlos Silva spent the final season of his four-year, $48 million contract at Triple-A and the 32-year-old right-hander will likely begin 2012 there as well after agreeing to a minor-league contract with the Red Sox. Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reports that Silva will earn a prorated share of $1 million if the Red Sox call…
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17