Apr 17, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
Sanchez was the fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft.
Apr 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Power hitter extraordinaire Ben Revere walked the Phillies off in an exhibition game against the Pirates on Friday night.
Dec 13, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Tony Sanchez will add versatility to his resume as he’s expected to play some first base in 2015.
Nov 14, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
Same story every offseason.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Starting pitchers Francisco Liriano and Gerrit Cole off the Wild Card game roster, which is fairly typical.
Apr 26, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Pirates placed Russell Martin on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 3, 2014, 2:14 AM EDT
Notes from what could reign supreme as the longest game of the year for quite some time.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Pirates acquired Chris Stewart from the Yankees to serve as Russell Martin‘s backup, but now the 31-year-old catcher is likely headed for surgery after injuring his knee in a game last week. Stewart didn’t figure to play much for the Pirates considering he’s a career .214 hitter and Martin started 117 games last year.…
Sep 15, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
It took 14 games and 50 trips to the plate, but first baseman Justin Morneau finally got his first RBI as a member of the Pirates this afternoon. His one-out, eighth-inning single to left drove in Andrew McCutchen to put the Buccos up 3-2. Morneau has yet to homer with his new club, and he…
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 82
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)