Dec 13, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Tony Sanchez will add versatility to his resume as he’s expected to play some first base in 2015.
Nov 14, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
Same story every offseason.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:54 PM EST
After Wednesday’s 8-0 loss, it’s time for the Pirates to start thinking about next year.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Starting pitchers Francisco Liriano and Gerrit Cole off the Wild Card game roster, which is fairly typical.
Apr 26, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
The Pirates placed Russell Martin on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EST
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 3, 2014, 2:14 AM EST
Notes from what could reign supreme as the longest game of the year for quite some time.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
The Pirates acquired Chris Stewart from the Yankees to serve as Russell Martin‘s backup, but now the 31-year-old catcher is likely headed for surgery after injuring his knee in a game last week. Stewart didn’t figure to play much for the Pirates considering he’s a career .214 hitter and Martin started 117 games last year.…
Sep 15, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
It took 14 games and 50 trips to the plate, but first baseman Justin Morneau finally got his first RBI as a member of the Pirates this afternoon. His one-out, eighth-inning single to left drove in Andrew McCutchen to put the Buccos up 3-2. Morneau has yet to homer with his new club, and he…
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)