Apr 26, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
The Pirates placed Russell Martin on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 3, 2014, 2:14 AM EDT
Notes from what could reign supreme as the longest game of the year for quite some time.
Mar 17, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Pirates acquired Chris Stewart from the Yankees to serve as Russell Martin‘s backup, but now the 31-year-old catcher is likely headed for surgery after injuring his knee in a game last week. Stewart didn’t figure to play much for the Pirates considering he’s a career .214 hitter and Martin started 117 games last year.…
Sep 15, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
It took 14 games and 50 trips to the plate, but first baseman Justin Morneau finally got his first RBI as a member of the Pirates this afternoon. His one-out, eighth-inning single to left drove in Andrew McCutchen to put the Buccos up 3-2. Morneau has yet to homer with his new club, and he…
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)