Toronto Blue Jays
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
May 27, 2014, 11:23 PM EST
Adam Lind and Edwin Encarnacion hit back-to-back home runs in bottom of the fifth inning Tuesday night at Rogers Centre, propelling the Blue Jays to a 9-6 victory over the visiting Rays. It was the
May 27, 2014, 7:17 PM EST
Travis d’Arnaud is expected to return to the Mets on Wednesday after missing a little over two weeks because of a concussion.
May 27, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Mike Trout leads ‘em all, with Jose Bautista and Derek Jeter second and third. If you care about such things.
May 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
It’s possible guys like Nelson Cruz and Melky Cabrera won’t get a lot of All-Star support because of Biogenesis. It’s also possible they won’t get support because fans didn’t really care about them much to begin with.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
May 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Nelson Cruz blasted his 16th home run of the season on Sunday against the Indians to become baseball’s current home run leader.
May 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Blue Jays held the American League’s best offense to five runs in a three-game series sweep. Are they for real?
May 25, 2014, 11:54 AM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the American League East-leading Blue Jays are among the teams with interest in trading for Cubs right-hander Jeff Samardzija.
May 25, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
The biggest story from Saturday was the defending-champion Red Sox losing their ninth straight game. On the very opposite end of the American League East standings the Blue Jays won their fifth straight game, with R.A. Dickey pitching a season-high 8 1/3 innings and Brett Lawrie homering in a 5-2 defeat of the host Oakland A’s.
May 24, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
R.A. Dickey held the Athletics to two runs over 8 1/3 innings with the Rogers Centre roof open for the first time this season. Dickey didn’t want to talk about it.
May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton hit another baseball very far.
May 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Esmil Rogers posted a 6.97 ERA for the Blue Jays out of the bullpen, so they designated him for assignment to make room for Liam Hendriks.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud is symptom-free after his recent concussion.
May 22, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
For the fourth time this month, Edwin Encarnacion goes yard twice in one game.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Marcus Stroman struggled in his first taste of major league competition. The Blue Jays sent him back to Triple-A Buffalo.
May 17, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Six shutouts last night. Two of the pitcher variety. Where has all the offense gone?
May 16, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Julio Franco was still playing in the majors at age 48–and still playing really well at age 46–and now seven years after retiring he’s ready to put on a uniform again to play some independent ball.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
May 15, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Dustin McGowan has been moved back to the bullpen after posting a 5.08 ERA over eight starts.
May 15, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Blue Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus tweaked his hamstring earlier this week and will now require a trip to the disabled list.
May 14, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Your assumptions about Melky Cabrera and other PED guys are compelling. But not nearly as compelling as the numbers.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)