Toronto Blue Jays
Dec 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
He’s the new Reggie Sanders, right?
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
The Blue Jays appear to be planning for a future without Melky Cabrera.
Dec 2, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Boston claimed Francisco off waivers from Toronto on November 19.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 30, 2014, 8:54 AM EDT
A’s general manager Billy Beane joined MLB Network by phone on Saturday to discuss the controversial trade that sent Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays for Brett Lawrie and three prospects …
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
The A’s cleared some space on their roster following the Josh Donaldson trade by designating Kyle Blanks and Josh Lindblom for assignment.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie and a couple of minor leaguers are headed to the Athletics in exchange for Josh Donaldson.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
It’s an artificial turf thing.
Nov 25, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
The Red Sox have officially introduced Hanley Ramirez and his new four-year, $88 million pact. Juan Francisco was DFA’d in the process.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
The Marlins have discussed swapping Nathan Eovaldi for Wade Miley.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The White Sox are apparently one of three teams showing interest in free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera.
Nov 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Sergio Santos had a dreadful 2014 season, posting an 8.57 ERA, 2.19 WHIP, and 29/18 K/BB ratio in 21 innings for the Blue Jays while battling a lingering right forearm issue. He’s a free agent now and will be looking to revitalize his career with any team that will have him.
Nov 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Francisco is arbitration eligible and projected to make about $2.2 million in 2015.
Nov 18, 2014, 11:46 PM EDT
The Blue Jays opened their purse strings in a big way on Monday, agreeing to terms with Canada native Russell Martin on a five-year, $82 million free agent contract. Was there a marketing aspect to it?
Nov 18, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
He’d be an upgrade behind the plate for plenty of teams .
Nov 18, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This could suggest that the Blue Jays are gonna make some more noise this offseason.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Blue Jays are considering Andrew Miller as a potential replacement for Casey Janssen.
Nov 17, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera isn’t likely to be back with the Blue Jays after they signed Russell Martin to a big contract on Monday.
Nov 16, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Jon Morosi reports that the Blue Jays front office has “established contact” with the reps for free agent infielder Hanley Ramirez, but then adds that the Jays are “not actively pursuing him now.”
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)