Toronto Blue Jays
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EST
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 12, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Sergio Santos has a 9.00 ERA this season and pitched his way out of the closer mix when Toronto needed a fill-in for the injured Casey Janssen, so it’s no big shock that he’s now headed to the disabled list with right forearm soreness.
May 11, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
From Ben Nicholson-Smith of Canada’s Sportsnet.ca comes word that the Blue Jays have activated closer Casey Janssen off the 15-day disabled list in time for Sunday’s afternoon game against the Angels.
May 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
In an effort to keep Juan Francisco in the lineup, the Blue Jays plan to use Brett Lawrie at second base when they face a right-handed pitcher.
May 8, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Blue Jays first baseman/designated hitter Adam Lind is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a back injury.
May 8, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Major League Baseball is totally fine with letting PED guys come back to the game and make a living after serving their time. People should probably accept that.
May 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
And Bautista knows a thing or two about fending off baseless allegations.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 6, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
I like to say “hammie.”
May 6, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Buster Olney pulls out his McCarthy mask and shakes his finger at Melky Cabrera
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
May 4, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
Mark Buehrle is one of the more durable pitchers in the major leagues and could be dangled by the Blue Jays at this year’s trade deadline.
May 3, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
Pitching prospect Marcus Stroman will get his first shot in the big leagues as the Blue Jays called him up late Saturday night.
May 3, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
David Freese was just starting to get on a roll before being hit on his right index finger with a pitch on Friday night.
May 3, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Blue Jays will rely on a closer-by-committee after removing Sergio Santos from the closer’s role.
May 3, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Brandon Morrow is back on the disabled list, this time with a finger injury. This marks the fourth consecutive year in which he’s landed on the DL.
May 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Adam Eaton left Friday’s game with a right hamstring strain and is headed to the disabled list.
May 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
With the Blue Jays looking for offense, Brett Lawrie found himself back at second base last night. He wasn’t exactly thrilled.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Apr 28, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Blue Jays will call up Chris Getz to replace Ryan Goins on the active roster.
Apr 27, 2014, 3:08 PM EST
Pretty cool note from Sunday’s series finale between the Red Sox and Blue Jays at Toronto’s Rogers Centre …
Apr 26, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Marcus Stroman, rated the #27 prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus, could make his MLB debut for the Blue Jays soon.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
He still probably performed better than the guy calling the balls and strikes.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 38
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 154
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (155)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)