Toronto Blue Jays
Dec 5, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera is now on the Mariners’ radar and seems to be a good fit for the club.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 4, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
A reporter told a fan what he — the fan — actually feels about Melky Cabrera. That’s pretty remarkable.
Dec 3, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
Jayson Stark of ESPN.com has the breaking news …
Dec 3, 2014, 5:42 PM EDT
When the Blue Jays claimed first baseman Justin Smoak off waivers from the Mariners in late October they clearly had something unconventional in mind.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
He’s the new Reggie Sanders, right?
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
The Blue Jays appear to be planning for a future without Melky Cabrera.
Dec 2, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Boston claimed Francisco off waivers from Toronto on November 19.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 30, 2014, 8:54 AM EDT
A’s general manager Billy Beane joined MLB Network by phone on Saturday to discuss the controversial trade that sent Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays for Brett Lawrie and three prospects …
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
The A’s cleared some space on their roster following the Josh Donaldson trade by designating Kyle Blanks and Josh Lindblom for assignment.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
Brett Lawrie and a couple of minor leaguers are headed to the Athletics in exchange for Josh Donaldson.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
It’s an artificial turf thing.
Nov 25, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
The Red Sox have officially introduced Hanley Ramirez and his new four-year, $88 million pact. Juan Francisco was DFA’d in the process.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
The Padres are sniffing around too.
Nov 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
The Marlins have discussed swapping Nathan Eovaldi for Wade Miley.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The White Sox are apparently one of three teams showing interest in free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera.
Nov 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Sergio Santos had a dreadful 2014 season, posting an 8.57 ERA, 2.19 WHIP, and 29/18 K/BB ratio in 21 innings for the Blue Jays while battling a lingering right forearm issue. He’s a free agent now and will be looking to revitalize his career with any team that will have him.
Nov 19, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Francisco is arbitration eligible and projected to make about $2.2 million in 2015.
Nov 18, 2014, 11:46 PM EDT
The Blue Jays opened their purse strings in a big way on Monday, agreeing to terms with Canada native Russell Martin on a five-year, $82 million free agent contract. Was there a marketing aspect to it?
Nov 18, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
He’d be an upgrade behind the plate for plenty of teams .
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)