Toronto Blue Jays
Jul 19, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud has looked like a keeper since his return from Triple-A Las Vegas.
Jul 17, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
In search of offense amid the injuries to Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, and Brett Lawrie, the Blue Jays have checked in on the recently-released Alfonso Soriano.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 14, 2014, 11:52 PM EDT
Cespedes repeats. And a new Home Run Derby format fizzles.
Jul 14, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
We’re keeping a running commentary on the Home Run Derby. So you don’t have to.
Jul 14, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Hey, remember Jose Bautista before he was Jose Bautista?
Jul 14, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
The Braves are being sued by the family of a six-year-old girl whose skull was fractured by a foul ball during a game at Turner Field on August 30, 2010.
Jul 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The former top prospect is on the move again.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is the favorite. Who else is in the hunt?
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 12, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
A pair of neck surgeries limited Nolan Reimold to just 56 games between 2012-2013 and now he’s dealing with a calf strain.
Jul 11, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Dan Johnson, perpetually bouncing back and forth from Triple-A to the majors, is now in the big leagues again with the Blue Jays.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton: the California Chrome of the Home Run Derby
Jul 11, 2014, 12:02 AM EDT
Kershaw’s streak is the third longest since 1990.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
The field for next week’s Home Run Derby is officially in place.
Jul 9, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Some rough news here for the slumping Blue Jays. MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports Adam Lind has been diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture in his right foot and is expected to miss the next 6-8 weeks.
Jul 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes committed throwing errors in back-to-back games Sunday and Monday, giving him eight throwing errors on the season compared to a career-high of nine.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jul 8, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Home Run Derby league captains Troy Tulowtizki and Jose Bautista just revealed four of their five choices for next week’s event live on ESPN’s Sportscenter. The final two participants for the 2014 Home Run Derby will be announced Thursday.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Like we said earlier today: the so-called snubs have a way of working themselves out.
Jul 7, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Toronto first baseman Edwin Encarnacion is headed to the disabled list with a strained quadriceps muscle, which actually qualifies as relatively good news considering how bad his injury appeared to be when he was helped off the field Saturday.
Jul 6, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
Two Mets minor leaguers were arrested for drag racing in Kingsport, Tennessee on Friday.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Jeff Samardzija pitched well and got a win — only his third of the season — in his debut with the Athletics.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)