Toronto Blue Jays
May 25, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
The biggest story from Saturday was the defending-champion Red Sox losing their ninth straight game. On the very opposite end of the American League East standings the Blue Jays won their fifth straight game, with R.A. Dickey pitching a season-high 8 1/3 innings and Brett Lawrie homering in a 5-2 defeat of the host Oakland A’s.
May 24, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
R.A. Dickey held the Athletics to two runs over 8 1/3 innings with the Rogers Centre roof open for the first time this season. Dickey didn’t want to talk about it.
May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton hit another baseball very far.
May 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Esmil Rogers posted a 6.97 ERA for the Blue Jays out of the bullpen, so they designated him for assignment to make room for Liam Hendriks.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud is symptom-free after his recent concussion.
May 22, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
For the fourth time this month, Edwin Encarnacion goes yard twice in one game.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EST
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Marcus Stroman struggled in his first taste of major league competition. The Blue Jays sent him back to Triple-A Buffalo.
May 17, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Six shutouts last night. Two of the pitcher variety. Where has all the offense gone?
May 16, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Julio Franco was still playing in the majors at age 48–and still playing really well at age 46–and now seven years after retiring he’s ready to put on a uniform again to play some independent ball.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
May 15, 2014, 9:01 PM EST
Dustin McGowan has been moved back to the bullpen after posting a 5.08 ERA over eight starts.
May 15, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Blue Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus tweaked his hamstring earlier this week and will now require a trip to the disabled list.
May 14, 2014, 2:35 PM EST
Your assumptions about Melky Cabrera and other PED guys are compelling. But not nearly as compelling as the numbers.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EST
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 12, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Sergio Santos has a 9.00 ERA this season and pitched his way out of the closer mix when Toronto needed a fill-in for the injured Casey Janssen, so it’s no big shock that he’s now headed to the disabled list with right forearm soreness.
May 11, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
From Ben Nicholson-Smith of Canada’s Sportsnet.ca comes word that the Blue Jays have activated closer Casey Janssen off the 15-day disabled list in time for Sunday’s afternoon game against the Angels.
May 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
In an effort to keep Juan Francisco in the lineup, the Blue Jays plan to use Brett Lawrie at second base when they face a right-handed pitcher.
May 8, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Blue Jays first baseman/designated hitter Adam Lind is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a back injury.
May 8, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Major League Baseball is totally fine with letting PED guys come back to the game and make a living after serving their time. People should probably accept that.
May 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
And Bautista knows a thing or two about fending off baseless allegations.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)