Toronto Blue Jays
May 4, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
Mark Buehrle is one of the more durable pitchers in the major leagues and could be dangled by the Blue Jays at this year’s trade deadline.
May 3, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
Pitching prospect Marcus Stroman will get his first shot in the big leagues as the Blue Jays called him up late Saturday night.
May 3, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
David Freese was just starting to get on a roll before being hit on his right index finger with a pitch on Friday night.
May 3, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Blue Jays will rely on a closer-by-committee after removing Sergio Santos from the closer’s role.
May 3, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Brandon Morrow is back on the disabled list, this time with a finger injury. This marks the fourth consecutive year in which he’s landed on the DL.
May 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Adam Eaton left Friday’s game with a right hamstring strain and is headed to the disabled list.
May 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
With the Blue Jays looking for offense, Brett Lawrie found himself back at second base last night. He wasn’t exactly thrilled.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Apr 28, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Blue Jays will call up Chris Getz to replace Ryan Goins on the active roster.
Apr 27, 2014, 3:08 PM EST
Pretty cool note from Sunday’s series finale between the Red Sox and Blue Jays at Toronto’s Rogers Centre …
Apr 26, 2014, 7:35 PM EST
Marcus Stroman, rated the #27 prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus, could make his MLB debut for the Blue Jays soon.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
He still probably performed better than the guy calling the balls and strikes.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EST
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
You probably know this, but the Kansas City Royals single season home run record is 36, and Steve Balboni set it almost 30 years ago.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:52 AM EST
Mark Buehrle pitched seven innings of shutout ball and Jose Reyes had an RBI single in his first game back from a hamstring strain as Toronto rolled to a 5-0 win over the Indians on Saturday afternoon in Cleveland. Buehrle yielded just four hits and is now 4-0 on the season with a 0.64 ERA in 28 innings.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Blue Jays get a shortstop back, but lose their designated hitter.
Apr 18, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Giancarlo Stanton does Giancarlo Stanton things.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
Adam Wainwright turned in the latest of several dominant pitching performances around Major League Baseball this week.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
The Twins scored six runs on one hit, eight walks (!) and three wild pitches in the bottom of the eighth inning tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson was fantastic this afternoon against the Blue Jays, shutting them out for eight innings of four-hit ball. Gibson struck out four, walked one, and lowered his ERA to 0.93 on the season.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:46 AM EST
Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen began a minor-league rehab assignment by throwing a scoreless inning Tuesday at Single-A, but now Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that he’s been “temporarily shutdown” with more back soreness.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:59 PM EST
Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes was pulled from the club’s season-opener with tightness in his left hamstring. He is expected to return to action this Friday.
Apr 14, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
Blue Jays infielder Maicer Izturis tore the LCL in his left knee yesterday after tripping on the dugout steps.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 248
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Yankees fans: would you give up the 2009 title just to be rid of A-Rod? (122)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)