Toronto Blue Jays
Oct 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Smoak was a bust in Seattle.
Oct 28, 2014, 2:17 PM EDT
He’s pitched poorly in the majors, but the 29-year-old southpaw did have a 2.01 ERA and 103/23 K/BB ratio in 107 innings at Triple-A this season.
Oct 28, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
For 13 years, baseball has made a point to honor the troops in a more conspicuous way than it had before. Have we lost something as a result?
Oct 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
That’s quite a change from last time Cabrera hit the open market, when he managed only a two-year, $16 million contract coming off a 50-game suspension for performance-enhancing drugs.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 23, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Will the Blue Jays trade Lind after he hit .321 this season?
Oct 21, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
From Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca comes word that left-handed pitcher Mike Zagurski has officially agreed to a contract with the Hiroshima Carp of Nippon Professional Baseball.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Oct 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports found a medical reason that explains why Hunter Pence throws the way he does.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
Baseball, I’ve written before, will never stop being the game it was when you were 10 years old. That’s the charm. That’s the nostalgia. That’s the trap. I was 10 years old in 1977. The Kansas City Royals had the best record in baseball that year. The Baltimore Orioles were baseball’s paragon.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Oct 10, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
It’s pretty early in the process, however.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Oct 7, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Norris is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball and prior to being called up to Toronto he racked up 163 strikeouts in 125 innings at Single-A, Double-A, and Triple-A while posting a 2.53 ERA in 26 combined starts.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 27, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
A scoring change took 16 points off of Felix Hernandez’s ERA, which could be important when BBWAA voters decide who should win the AL Cy Young award.
Sep 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
“My kid said the other day that he’s going to allow me to be out for a year then I have to get back in.”
Sep 25, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
But it’s probably too little, too late.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
And fittingly for the quick-working, soft-tossing southpaw, Wednesday’s game was played in one hour and 59 minutes.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EDT
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman’s suspension for throwing at Caleb Joseph’s head has been reduced from six to five games.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)