Toronto Blue Jays
May 1, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
The Greatest of All Time
May 1, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
I feel like issuing an intentional walk to get to the reigning batting champ is not the greatest idea in the world, but I guess they pay Lloyd McClendon the big bucks to make those kinds of decisions.
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 28, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
Brett Cecil was removed from the Blue Jays’ ninth-inning role just a few days into the 2015 regular season after blowing a save on April 8 at Yankee Stadium, but Toronto management has now turned back to the 28-year-old left-hander after watching 20-year-old righties Roberto Osuna and Miguel Castro fail to get the job done Monday night at Fenway Park.
Apr 28, 2015, 12:17 AM EDT
Jose Reyes has been trying to play through a small crack in his left rib, but he’ll now get an extended absence.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:02 PM EDT
Last week, it looked like Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista might be headed to the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder strain. He has now missed five straight games, but the news Sunday was good …
Apr 24, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Michael Saunders should be activated from the disabled list by the Blue Jays on Saturday.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Yordano Ventura and the Royals find themselves in yet another fracas.
Apr 23, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Manager John Gibbons thinks Jose Bautista will avoid a stint on the disabled list.
Apr 23, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Josh Thole is up from Triple-A.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Apr 22, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Jose Bautista has been experiencing pain in his right shoulder for over a week and he aggravated it Tuesday night when he tried to throw out Delmon Young at first base from his position in right field.
Apr 22, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“You can’t do anything to fix it.”
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle, baseball’s timeless left-hander, is reportedly considering retiring after the season.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:41 PM EDT
Ryan Goins, who was called up from Triple-A, is expected to be Reyes’ primary fill-in at shortstop.
Apr 16, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Things got a little heated between the Rays and Blue Jays on Thursday.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Jose Reyes has been trying to play through an oblique injury of late. That usually doesn’t end well.
Apr 16, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Redmond has been a mess this season, allowing eight runs in four innings.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 15, 2015, 10:24 PM EDT
Watch as Blue Jays left fielder Kevin Pillar climbs the wall to rob Tim Beckham of a home run …
Apr 15, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Daniel Norris thought it went 700 feet. Not quite. But pretty darn far.
Apr 15, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
A wise man once said: if a cow can’t eat it, I’m not playing on it.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (101)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)