Toronto Blue Jays
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 16, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
MLB acts swiftly when someone grabs their crotch. Let’s see how swiftly it acts when a guy goes headhunting.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Minor league deals are often of the one-year variety, but the Rays signed reliever Neil Wagner to a two-year deal on Friday.
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Buster Olney, once again, offers a solution in search of a problem
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 6, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera’s 2014 season is over as he’ll need surgery to repair his broken pinkie finger. He says he wants to return to the Blue Jays next season.
Sep 6, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
And he’s a lefty. Because of course he is.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Melky Cabrera suffered a broken pinkie finger diving back into first base on Friday night against the Red Sox. He’ll need season-ending surgery to repair the damage.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Blue Jays center fielder Colby Rasmus hasn’t been playing as much lately and Tuesday manager John Gibbons made it official, telling the 28-year-old he’s been benched.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports on a cool tradition that has taken hold in the majors
Sep 3, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
Does anyone want to win the second wild card in the National League?
Sep 2, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Morrow has been exclusively a starter for Toronto since 2010, including what looked at the time like a breakout season as a starter in 2012.
Sep 2, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Toronto transferred infielder Brett Lawrie from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list, which means he won’t be eligible to return to the active roster before the season ends.
Aug 31, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
Watch as Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista leaves the yard for the fifth time in five games Sunday afternoon against the Yankees …
Aug 30, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
Drew Hutchison and Aaron Sanchez shut down the Jacoby Ellsbury-less Yankees.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
Ellsbury injured his left ankle on a slide into home plate on Friday night.
Aug 28, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Nolan Reimold has been claimed off waivers for the second time in a month, going from the Orioles to the Blue Jays and now to the Diamondbacks.
Aug 28, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
There was no perfect game involved and in fact the 46 batters stretched over the course of eight appearances. Mark Buehrle held the previous record of 45 back in 2009.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)