Toronto Blue Jays
May 24, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey held the Athletics to two runs over 8 1/3 innings with the Rogers Centre roof open for the first time this season. Dickey didn’t want to talk about it.
May 23, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton hit another baseball very far.
May 23, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Esmil Rogers posted a 6.97 ERA for the Blue Jays out of the bullpen, so they designated him for assignment to make room for Liam Hendriks.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud is symptom-free after his recent concussion.
May 22, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
For the fourth time this month, Edwin Encarnacion goes yard twice in one game.
May 22, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Well, that’s something you don’t see every day.
May 21, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
On HBT Daily yesterday I said Johnny Cueto would give up more than two runs in a game before Masahiro Tanaka got his first loss. Both happened yesterday, but I’m pretty sure the Nats got their third run off Cueto before the Yankees-Cubs game ended, so I’m gonna claim victory.
May 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman struggled in his first taste of major league competition. The Blue Jays sent him back to Triple-A Buffalo.
May 17, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Six shutouts last night. Two of the pitcher variety. Where has all the offense gone?
May 16, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Julio Franco was still playing in the majors at age 48–and still playing really well at age 46–and now seven years after retiring he’s ready to put on a uniform again to play some independent ball.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
May 15, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Dustin McGowan has been moved back to the bullpen after posting a 5.08 ERA over eight starts.
May 15, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Blue Jays outfielder Colby Rasmus tweaked his hamstring earlier this week and will now require a trip to the disabled list.
May 14, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT
Your assumptions about Melky Cabrera and other PED guys are compelling. But not nearly as compelling as the numbers.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EDT
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
May 12, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Sergio Santos has a 9.00 ERA this season and pitched his way out of the closer mix when Toronto needed a fill-in for the injured Casey Janssen, so it’s no big shock that he’s now headed to the disabled list with right forearm soreness.
May 11, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
From Ben Nicholson-Smith of Canada’s Sportsnet.ca comes word that the Blue Jays have activated closer Casey Janssen off the 15-day disabled list in time for Sunday’s afternoon game against the Angels.
May 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
In an effort to keep Juan Francisco in the lineup, the Blue Jays plan to use Brett Lawrie at second base when they face a right-handed pitcher.
May 8, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Blue Jays first baseman/designated hitter Adam Lind is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a back injury.
May 8, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Major League Baseball is totally fine with letting PED guys come back to the game and make a living after serving their time. People should probably accept that.
May 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
And Bautista knows a thing or two about fending off baseless allegations.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 6, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
I like to say “hammie.”
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)