Toronto Blue Jays
May 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
In an effort to keep Juan Francisco in the lineup, the Blue Jays plan to use Brett Lawrie at second base when they face a right-handed pitcher.
May 8, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Blue Jays first baseman/designated hitter Adam Lind is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a back injury.
May 8, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Major League Baseball is totally fine with letting PED guys come back to the game and make a living after serving their time. People should probably accept that.
May 8, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
And Bautista knows a thing or two about fending off baseless allegations.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 6, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
I like to say “hammie.”
May 6, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Buster Olney pulls out his McCarthy mask and shakes his finger at Melky Cabrera
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
May 4, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Mark Buehrle is one of the more durable pitchers in the major leagues and could be dangled by the Blue Jays at this year’s trade deadline.
May 3, 2014, 10:55 PM EDT
Pitching prospect Marcus Stroman will get his first shot in the big leagues as the Blue Jays called him up late Saturday night.
May 3, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
David Freese was just starting to get on a roll before being hit on his right index finger with a pitch on Friday night.
May 3, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Blue Jays will rely on a closer-by-committee after removing Sergio Santos from the closer’s role.
May 3, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Brandon Morrow is back on the disabled list, this time with a finger injury. This marks the fourth consecutive year in which he’s landed on the DL.
May 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Adam Eaton left Friday’s game with a right hamstring strain and is headed to the disabled list.
May 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
With the Blue Jays looking for offense, Brett Lawrie found himself back at second base last night. He wasn’t exactly thrilled.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EDT
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Apr 28, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Blue Jays will call up Chris Getz to replace Ryan Goins on the active roster.
Apr 27, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
Pretty cool note from Sunday’s series finale between the Red Sox and Blue Jays at Toronto’s Rogers Centre …
Apr 26, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman, rated the #27 prospect entering the season by Baseball Prospectus, could make his MLB debut for the Blue Jays soon.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
He still probably performed better than the guy calling the balls and strikes.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
Pitching porn in Atlanta. Graphic, hard core pitching porn.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:46 PM EDT
You probably know this, but the Kansas City Royals single season home run record is 36, and Steve Balboni set it almost 30 years ago.
Apr 20, 2014, 8:52 AM EDT
Mark Buehrle pitched seven innings of shutout ball and Jose Reyes had an RBI single in his first game back from a hamstring strain as Toronto rolled to a 5-0 win over the Indians on Saturday afternoon in Cleveland. Buehrle yielded just four hits and is now 4-0 on the season with a 0.64 ERA in 28 innings.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)