Toronto Blue Jays
Dec 11, 2014, 11:34 AM EST
Mayberry was traded from the Phillies to the Blue Jays in September and then non-tendered by Toronto last week.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:17 AM EST
Viciedo was first linked to the Mariners way back in March.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
And, if he’s smart, they’re on his.
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 5, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera is now on the Mariners’ radar and seems to be a good fit for the club.
Dec 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Both players would fit with several teams in part-time duty or in a bench role.
Dec 4, 2014, 3:34 PM EST
A reporter told a fan what he — the fan — actually feels about Melky Cabrera. That’s pretty remarkable.
Dec 3, 2014, 6:13 PM EST
Jayson Stark of ESPN.com has the breaking news …
Dec 3, 2014, 5:42 PM EST
When the Blue Jays claimed first baseman Justin Smoak off waivers from the Mariners in late October they clearly had something unconventional in mind.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
He’s the new Reggie Sanders, right?
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Dec 2, 2014, 9:58 PM EST
The Blue Jays appear to be planning for a future without Melky Cabrera.
Dec 2, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
Boston claimed Francisco off waivers from Toronto on November 19.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:46 PM EST
The Orioles and Markakis were having serious discussions last month about a four-year deal worth between $10-12 million per season, but little progress has been made since.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 30, 2014, 8:54 AM EST
A’s general manager Billy Beane joined MLB Network by phone on Saturday to discuss the controversial trade that sent Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays for Brett Lawrie and three prospects …
Nov 29, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Josh Donaldson emulated Jose Bautista and it helped him put himself on the map in 2013 with the Athletics.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 28, 2014, 10:34 PM EST
The A’s cleared some space on their roster following the Josh Donaldson trade by designating Kyle Blanks and Josh Lindblom for assignment.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
Brett Lawrie and a couple of minor leaguers are headed to the Athletics in exchange for Josh Donaldson.
Nov 28, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
It’s an artificial turf thing.
Nov 25, 2014, 6:38 PM EST
The Red Sox have officially introduced Hanley Ramirez and his new four-year, $88 million pact. Juan Francisco was DFA’d in the process.
Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
The Padres are sniffing around too.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (155)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)