Toronto Blue Jays
Dec 19, 2014, 9:43 AM EST
The Padres have gone crazy this week. The latest: acquiring Justin Upton and his big bat for a couple of prospects.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Padres continue to overhaul their lineup while the A’s continue to unload.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Johnson missed the entire 2014 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in late April.
Dec 16, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
The guys who stake their jobs on players like Melky Cabrera are way less worried about them than are the guys who merely write about them.
Dec 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Johnson had 18 homers and an .815 OPS at Triple-A.
Dec 16, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
A very talented but often injured pitcher will try to re-start his career in San Diego.
Dec 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Germen spent parts of the past two seasons in the Mets’ bullpen, posting a combined 4.31 ERA with 64 strikeouts in 65 innings.
Dec 14, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
The White Sox continued their busy off-season, adding Melky Cabrera on a three-year deal. Cabrera reportedly turned down a four-year deal to head to Chicago.
Dec 14, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
The White Sox are expected to pursue a trade of Dayan Viciedo. Could the Mariners be a suitor?
Dec 14, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
Michael Morse, one of the few remaining enticing free agents, is on the Marlins’ radar.
Dec 14, 2014, 5:04 PM EST
From Shi Davidi of Toronto’s Sportsnet.ca …
Dec 14, 2014, 12:26 AM EST
Melky Cabrera is headed to the White Sox on a three-year deal, pending a physical.
Dec 13, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
There is a bit of uncertainty around Mariners shortstop Brad Miller, but the club sounds intent on keeping him in town.
Dec 13, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Nice try, Phillies, but you can’t just dump Ryan Howard off on an unsuspecting team like that.
Dec 13, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
Injuries have limited Morrow to just 87 2/3 IP in the majors over the past two seasons, but that hasn’t stopped teams from expressing interest.
Dec 12, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
For now at least he’s holding out for a four-year deal.
Dec 12, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
That’s the second team saying it won’t go four years for Melky.
Dec 11, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
With a void in right field, many consider the Mariners a natural fit to sign free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera. However, it’s far from a sure thing.
Dec 11, 2014, 11:34 AM EST
Mayberry was traded from the Phillies to the Blue Jays in September and then non-tendered by Toronto last week.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:17 AM EST
Viciedo was first linked to the Mariners way back in March.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
And, if he’s smart, they’re on his.
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 5, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera is now on the Mariners’ radar and seems to be a good fit for the club.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)