Toronto Blue Jays
Sep 23, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
This season can’t end soon enough for some teams.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Marcus Stroman’s suspension for throwing at Caleb Joseph’s head has been reduced from six to five games.
Sep 20, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
I’m going to guess that the little girl is suffering from Jeter fatigue.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Jose Bautista offended Yankees reliever Shawn Kelley with his celebratory behavior after hitting a game-tying two-run home run in the eighth inning of last night’s game.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
A revealing interview of a pretty complicated dude.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:50 PM EST
After playing fewer than 100 games in each of the previous four years Navarro has had a solid season as Toronto’s primary catcher, hitting .282 with 12 homers and a .734 OPS in 131 games at age 30.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:53 PM EST
Good to see MLB make the smart call and suspend Stroman for headhunting.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
That should guarantee him around $15-16 million for 2015 should he accept it.
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 16, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
MLB acts swiftly when someone grabs their crotch. Let’s see how swiftly it acts when a guy goes headhunting.
Sep 12, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Minor league deals are often of the one-year variety, but the Rays signed reliever Neil Wagner to a two-year deal on Friday.
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 10:40 AM EST
Buster Olney, once again, offers a solution in search of a problem
Sep 8, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
A third of all of yesterday’s games were shutouts. Three dudes had two-homer games. Happy 2014.
Sep 6, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Melky Cabrera’s 2014 season is over as he’ll need surgery to repair his broken pinkie finger. He says he wants to return to the Blue Jays next season.
Sep 6, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
And he’s a lefty. Because of course he is.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
Melky Cabrera suffered a broken pinkie finger diving back into first base on Friday night against the Red Sox. He’ll need season-ending surgery to repair the damage.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Blue Jays center fielder Colby Rasmus hasn’t been playing as much lately and Tuesday manager John Gibbons made it official, telling the 28-year-old he’s been benched.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)