Toronto Blue Jays
Jun 26, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Prince Fielder has had a terrific bounce-back season after neck issues plagued his 2014 season. He belted his 300th career home run on Friday.
Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Carlos Carrasco tamed the Tigers in what was clearly a worked match.
Jun 24, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
I’d call it “Jeter-like,” but it’s better than anything I’ve seen Jeter do.
Jun 24, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
It came on a close call but, ultimately, the correct call.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 23, 2015, 8:46 PM EDT
Brett Cecil allowed four earned runs on two walks and two hits Sunday in the Blue Jays’ loss to the Orioles, watching his season ERA rise to 5.96. And he’ll no longer be trusted in the ninth inning …
Jun 23, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
Maikel Franco provides a glimmer of hope for the Phillies in an otherwise dark season.
Jun 22, 2015, 8:20 PM EDT
Phil Coke’s brief stint with the Blue Jays is over.
Jun 20, 2015, 10:57 AM EDT
The Blue Jays were linked to Francisco Rodriguez when he was a free agent over the winter and now the team has reportedly been in contact with the Brewers about a trade.
Jun 19, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Marco Estrada lost his no-hitter in the eighth inning against the Orioles.
Jun 19, 2015, 10:33 AM EDT
His father died on Tuesday. R.A. Dickey gutted out a win last night.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff balk is just the latest weird occurrence in a weird week of baseball.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 15, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
The Mets came from behind to beat the Blue Jays 4-3 in 11 innings tonight at Citi Field, snapping Toronto’s winning streak at 11 games.
Jun 15, 2015, 7:40 AM EDT
Miguel Cabrera thought about leasing Corey Kluber but he talked with his financial advisor and determined that owning him was the better option.
Jun 14, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The surging Blue Jays extended their winning streak to 11 games on Sunday.
Jun 14, 2015, 8:39 AM EDT
Russell Martin’s go-ahead home run in the top of the 11th inning Saturday in Boston gave the Blue Jays a 5-4 win over the Red Sox. It was the 10th victory in a row for Toronto …
Jun 13, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Russell Martin played hero for the second straight day as the Blue Jays defeated the Red Sox 5-4 in 11 innings this afternoon at Fenway Park in Boston.
Jun 13, 2015, 4:55 PM EDT
With the Athletics looking like one of the few obvious sellers leading up to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline, reliever Tyler Clippard figures to be a popular name.
Jun 13, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including a huge comeback by the Blue Jays.
Jun 12, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Justin Smoak: now with a triple!
Jun 12, 2015, 3:49 PM EDT
Viciedo has been out of work since since March.
Jun 11, 2015, 7:01 AM EDT
Blue Jays right-hander Scott Copeland was terrific in his first major league start Wednesday afternoon against the Marlins, firing seven innings of one-run ball in a 7-2 win at Rogers Centre in Toronto.
Jun 10, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Maybe they didn’t need a closer after all.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)