Toronto Blue Jays
Oct 31, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Nick Markakis is a free agent after the Orioles declined their half of a $17.5 million mutual option for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
40-man roster housecleaning, mostly.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Minnie Minoso, Tony Oliva and Ken Boyer are among those back on the 2014 ballot.
Oct 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Smoak was a bust in Seattle.
Oct 28, 2014, 2:17 PM EST
He’s pitched poorly in the majors, but the 29-year-old southpaw did have a 2.01 ERA and 103/23 K/BB ratio in 107 innings at Triple-A this season.
Oct 28, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
For 13 years, baseball has made a point to honor the troops in a more conspicuous way than it had before. Have we lost something as a result?
Oct 23, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
That’s quite a change from last time Cabrera hit the open market, when he managed only a two-year, $16 million contract coming off a 50-game suspension for performance-enhancing drugs.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 23, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Will the Blue Jays trade Lind after he hit .321 this season?
Oct 21, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
From Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca comes word that left-handed pitcher Mike Zagurski has officially agreed to a contract with the Hiroshima Carp of Nippon Professional Baseball.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Oct 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports found a medical reason that explains why Hunter Pence throws the way he does.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
Baseball, I’ve written before, will never stop being the game it was when you were 10 years old. That’s the charm. That’s the nostalgia. That’s the trap. I was 10 years old in 1977. The Kansas City Royals had the best record in baseball that year. The Baltimore Orioles were baseball’s paragon.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Oct 10, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
It’s pretty early in the process, however.
Oct 9, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
Dan Johnson has been on the fringes of the major leagues for the past few seasons as a position player/designated hitter, but he’s hoping to prolong his career by developing a knuckleball.
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Oct 7, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Norris is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball and prior to being called up to Toronto he racked up 163 strikeouts in 125 innings at Single-A, Double-A, and Triple-A while posting a 2.53 ERA in 26 combined starts.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EST
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EST
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 27, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
A scoring change took 16 points off of Felix Hernandez’s ERA, which could be important when BBWAA voters decide who should win the AL Cy Young award.
Sep 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
“My kid said the other day that he’s going to allow me to be out for a year then I have to get back in.”
Sep 25, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
But it’s probably too little, too late.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
And fittingly for the quick-working, soft-tossing southpaw, Wednesday’s game was played in one hour and 59 minutes.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)