Toronto Blue Jays
Mar 28, 2015, 11:01 AM EDT
Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon said last month that he would be interested in a trade to the Blue Jays and it appears that the possibility might still have some legs.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:55 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman will be a proud college graduate the next time he takes the mound for the Blue Jays.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
Should we be taking the rebuilt White Sox seriously as contenders?
Mar 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Braves had one of the stranger off-seasons, both adding and subtracting players while also attempting to rebuild. How bad will they be in 2015?
Mar 26, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
The pitching is great and the offense should be better. But is better good enough?
Mar 26, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Saunders was acquired from the Mariners in exchange for J.A. Happ in December and will be the Blue Jays’ starting left fielder once he’s healthy.
Mar 25, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
Can the Bucs make a third consecutive trip to the postseason?
Mar 24, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
Tuffy Gosewisch time in Arizona.
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 22, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons told John Lott of Canada’s National Post on Sunday that infielder Maicer Izturis will open the 2015 regular season on the 15-day disabled list because of a groin strain.
Mar 22, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons announced Sunday morning in Dunedin, Florida that Brett Cecil will open the 2015 regular season as the team’s closer.
Mar 21, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Kris Bryant’s incredibly hot spring continued on Saturday as he socked another pair of dingers.
Mar 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Stroman appeared primed for a breakout year in Toronto’s rotation.
Mar 16, 2015, 8:59 PM EDT
Wolf, 38, had a 5.26 ERA and 19/6 K/BB ratio over 25 2/3 innings with the Marlins last season and hasn’t been an effective pitcher in the majors since 2011.
Mar 15, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
It’s not a serious injury, so we can laugh about it a little.
Mar 12, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Put an APB out for a grimacing man without an elbow ligament. Probably driving more slowly than most, but in crazy, unpredictable patterns.
Mar 12, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“How many velocity questions are we going to have?”
Mar 11, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
A day after the Blue Jays get some bad news they get a little bit of good news.
Mar 10, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
Stroman seemed set for a breakout, star-making year after looking good as a rookie last season.
Mar 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Slated to be Toronto’s everyday designated hitter this season, Encarnacion hit .268 with 34 homers last season.
Mar 9, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
Barring a late addition to the Blue Jays’ bullpen Cecil is in line to begin the season in the closer role.
Mar 7, 2015, 10:02 AM EDT
Cecil is trying to secure the Blue Jays’ closer gig this spring, but he’ll be shut down for a few days.
Mar 6, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have nothing to worry about with Jose Bautista, per manager John Gibbons.
Mar 3, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
Kang hit .356 with 40 homers in Korea last season.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
Reds fans may wonder why anyone would WANT to be like Votto, but everyone who doesn’t listen to Marty Brennaman knows that Votto is a pretty swell guy to emulate.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)