Apr 20, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
The Mets won their eighth straight game Sunday against the Marlins to improve to 10-3 on the year, but it came as a cost, as catcher Travis d’Arnaud and left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins were forced to leave the game due to injuries. Today we learned a little bit more about how long they’ll be sidelined.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud suffered a fractured hand in Sunday’s game against the Marlins, so the Mets promoted prospect Kevin Plawecki.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
The 26-year-old d’Arnaud had a terrific second half last season for New York and he was off to a very promising start in 2015, hitting .317/.356/.537 with two home runs and 10 RBI in 11 games played.
Apr 19, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Mark down seven straight wins for the Mets, who will try for a four-game Citi Field sweep of the Marlins on Sunday afternoon behind staff ace Matt Harvey.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:00 AM EDT
Dollar for dollar, this starter gives his team more value than just about anyone.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
Andrelton Simmons doing Andrelton Simmons things.
Feb 22, 2015, 9:02 AM EDT
Jon Niese, Matt Harvey, and Travis d’Arnaud offer predictions for tonight’s Academy Awards …
Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
The procedure went as planned and d’Arnaud is expected to be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
d’Arnaud hit .272 with 10 homers and an .805 OPS in 69 games following a brief mid-season demotion to Triple-A.
Sep 24, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Keeping injury secrets in late September is odd.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
When the Mets demoted rookie catcher Travis d’Arnaud to the minors in early June he was hitting .180 and had a career batting average of .189 in 66 games.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 2, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
Four Phillies combine for the no-no. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen more of these in recent years.
Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Mets turned a rare 5-4-3-2 triple play against the Dodgers in Sunday afternoon’s game.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Last night Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud hit a home run to left-center field, except Mariners left fielder Dustin Ackley jumped up, reached over the fence, and brought the ball back with a spectacular catch.
Jul 19, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud has looked like a keeper since his return from Triple-A Las Vegas.
Jun 11, 2014, 6:01 AM EDT
Collin Cowgill’s walkoff homer in the 14th was something. Yoenis Cespedes’ throw in the eighth was even more something.
Jun 8, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
The guy the Mets traded R.A. Dickey to get has yet to figure it out at the big league level.
May 29, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud is back on the active roster after spending two weeks on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
May 27, 2014, 7:17 PM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud is expected to return to the Mets on Wednesday after missing a little over two weeks because of a concussion.
May 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Eric Young Jr. is expected to hit the 15-day DL and Matt den Dekker will take his place.
May 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud is symptom-free after his recent concussion.
May 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud has been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list after being struck on the head by Alfonso Soriano’s backswing Tuesday night.
May 14, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Mets catcher Travis d’Arnaud received the bunt of Alfonso Soriano’s backswing and may need some time on the seven-day concussion DL to recuperate.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 3
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 20
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 27
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 68
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)