May 10, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
With Brandon Belt nursing a broken thumb, Michael Morse will move to first base for the time being.
May 10, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Brandon Belt suffered a broken left thumb when he was hit by a pitch last night and could miss six weeks.
May 9, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The Giants saw one of their most productive hitters succumb to a hand injury on Friday night.
Apr 25, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
First baseman Travis Ishikawa opted for free agency after being dropped by the Pirates earlier this week and now he’s found a new home, signing a minor-league deal with the Giants.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Ike Davis will bat sixth in his Pirates debut this evening against the Brewers.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
The Pirates and Mets each address their problems with an Ike Davis trade.
Apr 2, 2014, 10:37 PM EDT
It’s a feat unmatched since 1998.
Mar 26, 2014, 11:29 PM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Pittsburgh Pirates. The Big Question: Is regression inevitable? The Pirates’ long-term trajectory looks good. 2013 National League MVP Andrew McCutchen is…
Sep 20, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Corey Hart has been out since aggravating his plantar fasciitis on September 9, missing eight games, but the Brewers first baseman in back in the lineup for this afternoon’s game against the Pirates. Hart admitted previously that the pain in his foot is “not going to go away” this season and had a setback when…
Jun 26, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
We have an official no-hitter alert in Cincinnati. Reds right-hander Bronson Arroyo, who entered the night with a pedestrian 4.19 ERA, has tossed seven innings against the Brewers without allowing a hit. He’s fanned three and issued zero walks, and the only thing keeping him from being on perfect game watch was a hit-by-pitch of…
Jun 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
The Brewers just announced that Shaun Marcum was placed on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow tightness. Travis Ishikawa was activated from the disabled list to replace him on the active roster. Marcum was scratched from his scheduled start on Tuesday after he felt something in his elbow during the final pitch of his…
May 16, 2012, 5:55 AM EDT
Red Sox 5, Mariners 0: That Josh Beckett is such a disgrace! He’s poisoning this team, I tell you, poisoning them! Oh, wait, he pitched well? Seven shutout innings while striking out nine? Well, in that case, I stand corrected. Cardinals 7, Cubs 6: Jason Motte vultured a win when he gave up a tying…
May 2, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
UPDATE: General manager Doug Melvin announced that Gamel has a torn ACL, which likely means season-ending surgery. Very tough break for a player who waited to get his shot. ========== Mat Gamel left yesterday’s game after injuring his right knee chasing a foul ball and now Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that the Brewers first…
Apr 25, 2012, 6:03 AM EDT
Rangers 2, Yankees 0: Yu Darvish finally arrives. Eight and a third innings, ten strikeouts and a big goose egg in the runs column against the best offense in baseball. Rays 5, Angels 0: David Price: five-hit shutout. Albert Pujols: 0 for 4. He has the lowest slugging percentage of anyone in last night’s Angels…
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 134
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (134)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)