Aug 22, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Nick Swisher homered from both sides of the plate but the Braves still lost to the Cubs on Saturday.
Jul 25, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner hit his third home run of the season, helping his own cause on Saturday against the Athletics.
Jun 28, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
The Mets may have a couple of suitors for Jon Niese in the Cubs and Dodgers.
May 16, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Travis Wood got the save on Saturday and will continue to pitch out of the bullpen for the Cubs.
May 14, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
This was the Cubs’ first four-game sweep of the Mets since August of 1992.
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Apr 3, 2015, 9:40 PM EDT
Travis Wood beat out Edwin Jackson for the final spot in the Cubs’ starting rotation.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
Are they ready to contend?
Mar 16, 2015, 9:20 AM EDT
My previous two days in the desert took me to a couple of cool places.
Mar 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Lester joined the Cubs on a six-year, $155 million deal in December.
Feb 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The last remaining big free agent could choose a new team this week.
Dec 13, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Wood turns 28 in February and posted an ugly 5.03 ERA and 146/76 K/BB ratio in 173 2/3 innings over 31 starts this past season.
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Sep 7, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Gerrit Cole got the win in Sunday’s start against the Cubs. Oh, and he also hit his first major league home run. All in a day’s work.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Outfield prospect Billy McKinney and right-hander Dan Straily also on the move to the Cubs.
Jun 25, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Reds reliever Sean Marshall hasn’t been healthy since 2012, posting an ugly 7.71 ERA between disabled list stints this year, and now the southpaw setup man will miss the remainder of the season following shoulder surgery.
Jun 17, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Royals are knocking on the door of first place after knocking a former Cy Young Award and MVP winner around pretty good.
Jun 10, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Watch as Pirates stud outfield prospect Gregory Polanco slaps a single to left field in his second major league at-bat Tuesday night at PNC Park against Cubs starter Travis Wood …
Jun 6, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
The Giants and Jays keep rolling merrily along. And Travis Wood [all together now] helps his own cause.
May 20, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
The urban legend had Theo Epstein destroying a hotel room after he found out Jose Contreras decided on the New York Yankees.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EDT
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 13, 2014, 5:49 AM EDT
The Cubs give Travis Wood more run support in this game than Jeff Samardzija has had in his eight starts combined this year.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)