Oct 15, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Yadier Molina has remained on the Cardinals’ postseason roster despite suffering a strained left oblique in Game 2 of the NLCS — an injury that often takes over three weeks to recover from. But it doesn’t sound like we’ll be seeing him in St. Louis’ starting lineup for the remainder of this series.
Oct 14, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Rosenthal has allowed 10 of the 21 batters he faced reach base this postseason.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:38 PM EST
Before Kolten Wong connected for a walk-off home run to win Game 2 of the NLCS for the Cardinals last night, the Giants tied things up when Matt Duffy scored all the way from second base on a wild pitch from Trevor Rosenthal. Here’s a look at how it all went down.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:59 AM EST
It’s better than being down 0-2, but…
Oct 12, 2014, 11:47 PM EST
The Giants tied the game in the top of the ninth inning of NLCS Game 2 in an unusual way.
Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 PM EST
Watch as Trevor Rosenthal gets Carl Crawford to ground out in the ninth inning Tuesday night at Busch Stadium, securing the Cardinals’ fourth consecutive trip to the National League Championship Series …
Oct 7, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The Cardinals are heading to the NLCS for the fourth consecutive season, and for the ninth time since 2000.
Oct 7, 2014, 12:13 AM EST
The Cardinals are now just one win away from a trip to the NLCS.
Oct 3, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
Game 1 of the NLDS went off-script and it turned out to be a fun match-up between bitter playoff rivals.
Sep 5, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Cardinals now have a four-game lead over the Brewers in the National League Central.
Sep 1, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
The Brewers have had at least a share of first place since April 4.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jul 25, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
Yasiel Puig and Hanley Ramirez are back. Making things even more interesting, Puig will play center field.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:01 PM EST
X-rays on the hands of Hanley Ramirez and Yasiel Puig came back negative.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EST
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 8:53 AM EST
Matt Carpenter walked, Kolten Wong singled, Matt Holliday singled, and Matt Adams homered as the Cardinals plated four runs before Dodgers starter Zack Greinke could even record an out Saturday in an eventual 4-2 victory at a sold-out Busch Stadium.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 21, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Trevor Rosenthal attempted to make a bare-handed play to throw Ryan Howard out at first base last night. It worked. Sort of.
Jun 14, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Pitcher wins are the best stat ever.
Jun 14, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday night around MLB, including a pitchers’ duel in St. Louis.
May 20, 2014, 6:11 PM EST
Jason Motte will be available out of the Cardinals’ bullpen on Tuesday night for the first time since the 2012 postseason.
May 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Jason Motte’s comeback from Tommy John surgery is nearly complete, as the one-time Cardinals closer is finished with his minor-league rehab assignment and scheduled to rejoin the active roster Tuesday.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EST
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)