Nov 5, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
Patton was traded from Baltimore to San Diego for Nick Hundley.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
The Orioles declined their $5 million club option on catcher Nick Hundley, but they would still like to bring him back at a lower price.
May 25, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Padres designated two pitchers, Blaine Boyer and Billy Buckner, for assignment on Sunday to make room for Tommy Medica and Troy Patton.
May 24, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
The Orioles have secured some Matt Wieters insurance.
May 10, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
The Orioles are taking offers on lefty reliever Troy Patton and may use him to land a back-up catcher while Matt Wieters deals with an elbow issue.
Dec 20, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
MLB announced that Orioles left-hander Troy Patton has been suspended 25 games following a positive test for amphetamine use. Patton has done nice work out of Baltimore’s bullpen during the past three seasons, throwing a combined 142 innings with a 3.05 ERA and 113/33 K/BB ratio in a middle relief role. He was previously arrested…
Nov 25, 2013, 9:57 PM EST
MLB teams have until December 2 to decide whether to tender contracts to their arbitration-eligible players, but there won’t be any intrigue with the Orioles. According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette confirmed this evening that the club plans to tender contracts to all nine players in question.…
Jan 18, 2013, 7:20 PM EST
By noon we’d already done a dozen posts about players and teams avoiding arbitration ahead of today’s deadline, so something had to give. We’ll keep posting the more noteworthy cases, but here’s a roundup of the not-so-noteworthy ones that will be updated throughout the day. • Gaby Sanchez and the Pirates: $1.75 million • Antonio…
Oct 12, 2012, 7:05 PM EST
The Yankees have given CC Sabathia a little breathing room. Ichiro Suzuki doubled home Derek Jeter in the bottom of the sixth inning to stretch the Yankees’ lead to 2-0. Jeter drew a one-out walk and scored all the way from first base after Suzuki put one into the right-center field gap. Robinson Cano struck…
Jun 30, 2012, 10:43 AM EST
Tough break for a promising young player, as Lonnie Chisenhall suffered a broken ulna bone in his right forearm when he was hit by a pitch from Orioles’ left-hander Troy Patton last night. Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Chisenhall will undergo surgery next week to repair the fracture while Indians manager…
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)