Nov 5, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
Patton was traded from Baltimore to San Diego for Nick Hundley.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Orioles declined their $5 million club option on catcher Nick Hundley, but they would still like to bring him back at a lower price.
May 25, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Padres designated two pitchers, Blaine Boyer and Billy Buckner, for assignment on Sunday to make room for Tommy Medica and Troy Patton.
May 24, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
The Orioles have secured some Matt Wieters insurance.
May 10, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The Orioles are taking offers on lefty reliever Troy Patton and may use him to land a back-up catcher while Matt Wieters deals with an elbow issue.
Dec 20, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
MLB announced that Orioles left-hander Troy Patton has been suspended 25 games following a positive test for amphetamine use. Patton has done nice work out of Baltimore’s bullpen during the past three seasons, throwing a combined 142 innings with a 3.05 ERA and 113/33 K/BB ratio in a middle relief role. He was previously arrested…
Nov 25, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
MLB teams have until December 2 to decide whether to tender contracts to their arbitration-eligible players, but there won’t be any intrigue with the Orioles. According to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun, Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette confirmed this evening that the club plans to tender contracts to all nine players in question.…
Jan 18, 2013, 7:20 PM EDT
By noon we’d already done a dozen posts about players and teams avoiding arbitration ahead of today’s deadline, so something had to give. We’ll keep posting the more noteworthy cases, but here’s a roundup of the not-so-noteworthy ones that will be updated throughout the day. • Gaby Sanchez and the Pirates: $1.75 million • Antonio…
Oct 12, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
The Yankees have given CC Sabathia a little breathing room. Ichiro Suzuki doubled home Derek Jeter in the bottom of the sixth inning to stretch the Yankees’ lead to 2-0. Jeter drew a one-out walk and scored all the way from first base after Suzuki put one into the right-center field gap. Robinson Cano struck…
Jun 30, 2012, 10:43 AM EDT
Tough break for a promising young player, as Lonnie Chisenhall suffered a broken ulna bone in his right forearm when he was hit by a pitch from Orioles’ left-hander Troy Patton last night. Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Chisenhall will undergo surgery next week to repair the fracture while Indians manager…
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)