Feb 11, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
As first reported by MLB.com’s Jane Lee, the A’s have avoided arbitration with reliever Tyler Clippard by agreeing to a one-year, $8.3 million deal.
Feb 8, 2015, 9:35 PM EST
Sean Doolittle has a “slight” tear of his rotator cuff, but isn’t expected to miss much time in April.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:50 AM EST
Janssen saved 81 games from 2012-2014.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:50 PM EST
Athletics’ closer Sean Doolittle isn’t expected to be ready for Opening Day due to a shoulder injury.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
The Nationals don’t appear eager to move shortstop Ian Desmond at the moment.
Jan 18, 2015, 8:23 PM EST
The Nationals have some interest in free agent reliever Casey Janssen.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Dec 29, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
The Blue Jays also have free agent closer Francisco Rodriguez on their radar.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
Houston failed to land free agent relievers Andrew Miller or David Robertson, but the Astros have snagged their No. 3 bullpen target.
Dec 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
One of the best relievers in baseball is on the trading block.
Oct 17, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Soriano was fantastic in the first half with 22 saves and a 0.97 ERA, but then he posted a 6.48 ERA in the second half while being stripped of closing duties.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:28 AM EST
Few changes are needed for the club with the NL’s best record in 2014.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Yeah, but it’ll be all hands on deck for Game Never on Thursday.
Oct 6, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Facing elimination, the Nationals got a big start out of Doug Fister.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
We’re in the 18th in Washington, D.C.
Oct 4, 2014, 9:07 PM EST
Nationals second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera and manager Matt Williams were both ejected in the bottom of the 10th inning for arguing balls and strikes.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
Another blown save — this with the help of a homer from Ben Revere of all people — could cost the Nats’ closer his job.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The events taking place each evening on South Capitol Street are beginning to defy explanation.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:44 PM EST
It’s been a trying year for Bryce Harper, but the Washington Nationals are in first place despite the struggling star.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)