Jan 28, 2015, 10:50 AM EST
Janssen saved 81 games from 2012-2014.
Jan 23, 2015, 6:50 PM EST
Athletics’ closer Sean Doolittle isn’t expected to be ready for Opening Day due to a shoulder injury.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
The Nationals don’t appear eager to move shortstop Ian Desmond at the moment.
Jan 18, 2015, 8:23 PM EST
The Nationals have some interest in free agent reliever Casey Janssen.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Dec 29, 2014, 7:55 PM EST
The Blue Jays also have free agent closer Francisco Rodriguez on their radar.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
Houston failed to land free agent relievers Andrew Miller or David Robertson, but the Astros have snagged their No. 3 bullpen target.
Dec 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
One of the best relievers in baseball is on the trading block.
Oct 17, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Soriano was fantastic in the first half with 22 saves and a 0.97 ERA, but then he posted a 6.48 ERA in the second half while being stripped of closing duties.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:28 AM EST
Few changes are needed for the club with the NL’s best record in 2014.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Yeah, but it’ll be all hands on deck for Game Never on Thursday.
Oct 6, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Facing elimination, the Nationals got a big start out of Doug Fister.
Oct 4, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
We’re in the 18th in Washington, D.C.
Oct 4, 2014, 9:07 PM EST
Nationals second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera and manager Matt Williams were both ejected in the bottom of the 10th inning for arguing balls and strikes.
Oct 3, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
It’s rather surprising to see Soriano there.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
Another blown save — this with the help of a homer from Ben Revere of all people — could cost the Nats’ closer his job.
Aug 21, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The events taking place each evening on South Capitol Street are beginning to defy explanation.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
Aug 8, 2014, 7:44 PM EST
It’s been a trying year for Bryce Harper, but the Washington Nationals are in first place despite the struggling star.
Jul 13, 2014, 3:42 PM EST
Tyler Clippard of the Nationals, Alfredo Simon of the Reds, and Tim Hudson of the Giants have been added to the National League roster for Tuesday night’s 2014 MLB All-Star Game in Minneapolis.
Mar 5, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Washington Nationals. The Big Question: Can the Nationals reclaim their throne atop the NL East? The Nationals were everybody’s…
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)