Jul 5, 2015, 1:46 PM EDT
Garcia boasts a 1.69 ERA and 0.88 WHIP in seven starts (48 innings) this season. He’s missed a ton of time to injuries in his career, but most of the major problems have been elbow- and shoulder-related.
Jun 22, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He’ll start Thursday against the Marlins.
May 17, 2015, 5:38 PM EDT
Nothing is official yet, but it looks like oft-injured left-hander Jaime Garcia will fill the Cardinals’ rotation vacancy on Wednesday at the Mets’ Citi Field.
May 16, 2015, 2:34 PM EDT
With the home run, Cabrera also passed Andres Galarraga for the most home runs by a Venezuelan-born player.
Jul 7, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
Joe Kelly hasn’t pitched in the majors since April 16 due to a severe strain of his left hamstring.
May 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Cardinals lost Tyler Lyons (after also losing Joe Kelly) but will get Jaime Garcia back on Saturday.
Jun 23, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: The Cardinals have not yet determined when they will use a fifth starter in the coming weeks, but they know who will be added to the rotation when they do. Joe Kelly, who held the Cardinals in Friday’s game with five shutout innings of emergency relief, will…
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 0
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 12
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 28
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 65
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 84
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)