Jun 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Quite a change from last year for Jimenez.
Jun 12, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
Mason Williams didn’t take long to register his first career major league home run.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
May 22, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Ichiro Suzuki may be close to the end of a brilliant career, but he’s not done moving up baseball’s all-time leaderboards.
May 22, 2015, 7:19 AM EDT
The Giants own the Dodgers at AT&T Park. And the Madison Bumgarner owned Clayton Kershaw. At least yesterday.
May 19, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Being called “tightness” for now.
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Feb 2, 2015, 10:19 AM EDT
Jimenez had a 4.85 ERA in 125 innings for the Orioles and dating back to 2011 he has a 4.52 ERA in 673 total innings.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:32 PM EDT
Liriano was a buy-low pickup for the Pirates two offseasons ago and provided a huge return on a minimal investment.
Nov 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Liriano started 55 games for Pittsburgh with a 3.20 ERA and 338 strikeouts in 323 innings.
Nov 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Baltimore acquired Norris from Houston in mid-2013 and he’s thrown 216 innings with a 3.92 ERA since the trade.
Nov 12, 2014, 7:12 AM EDT
A record store I liked back in college had something called “Mr. Free Box” sitting outside. It was where you could get the CD equivalent of Ubaldo Jimenez back in 1994.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:05 PM EDT
GM salaries are about to skyrocket.
Oct 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Baltimore sees more potential use in left-hander Brian Matusz.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
If your team is eliminated, what do you do? Let us help.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Kevin Gauzman has been fantastic for the Orioles, posting a 3.57 ERA with just five homers allowed in 18 starts as a 23-year-old rookie.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez got hurt right around the time he was pitching himself out of Baltimore’s rotation, so the Orioles took their sweet time activating him from the disabled list and then demoted him to the bullpen.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
The Orioles’ four-year, $50 million deal with starter Ubaldo Jimenez is already looking like a disaster. Jimenez registered a 4.83 ERA and 1.55 WHIP over his first 20 outings this season and now MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli reports that the right-hander has been demoted to the bullpen for the stretch run.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Jimenez last pitched for the Orioles on July 5, yet he still leads the American League with 60 walks in the first season of a four-year, $50 million contract.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez kicked off a minor-league rehab assignment Tuesday at Single-A, tossing 4.2 innings of one-run ball as he comes back from a sprained ankle suffered when he stepped in a hole in a parking lot.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)