Feb 2, 2015, 10:19 AM EST
Jimenez had a 4.85 ERA in 125 innings for the Orioles and dating back to 2011 he has a 4.52 ERA in 673 total innings.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
Liriano was a buy-low pickup for the Pirates two offseasons ago and provided a huge return on a minimal investment.
Nov 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Liriano started 55 games for Pittsburgh with a 3.20 ERA and 338 strikeouts in 323 innings.
Nov 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Baltimore acquired Norris from Houston in mid-2013 and he’s thrown 216 innings with a 3.92 ERA since the trade.
Nov 12, 2014, 7:12 AM EST
A record store I liked back in college had something called “Mr. Free Box” sitting outside. It was where you could get the CD equivalent of Ubaldo Jimenez back in 1994.
Oct 24, 2014, 1:05 PM EST
GM salaries are about to skyrocket.
Oct 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Baltimore sees more potential use in left-hander Brian Matusz.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
If your team is eliminated, what do you do? Let us help.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Kevin Gauzman has been fantastic for the Orioles, posting a 3.57 ERA with just five homers allowed in 18 starts as a 23-year-old rookie.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Ubaldo Jimenez got hurt right around the time he was pitching himself out of Baltimore’s rotation, so the Orioles took their sweet time activating him from the disabled list and then demoted him to the bullpen.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
The Orioles’ four-year, $50 million deal with starter Ubaldo Jimenez is already looking like a disaster. Jimenez registered a 4.83 ERA and 1.55 WHIP over his first 20 outings this season and now MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli reports that the right-hander has been demoted to the bullpen for the stretch run.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Jimenez last pitched for the Orioles on July 5, yet he still leads the American League with 60 walks in the first season of a four-year, $50 million contract.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Ubaldo Jimenez kicked off a minor-league rehab assignment Tuesday at Single-A, tossing 4.2 innings of one-run ball as he comes back from a sprained ankle suffered when he stepped in a hole in a parking lot.
Jul 28, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Ubaldo Jimenez was scratched from his scheduled minor-league rehab start last week, but now the Orioles right-hander is slated to start Tuesday at Triple-A as he comes back from an ankle injury.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Ubaldo Jimenez injuring his ankle stepping in a hole provided the Orioles with an opportunity to give Kevin Gausman an extended chance in the starting rotation and now it sounds like they’re telling Jimenez to take his sweet time coming back.
Jul 11, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
“He stepped in a hole in the parking lot” is a new one, as far as weird injuries go.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EST
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Ubaldo Jimenez gave Kevin Gausman a very expensive token of appreciation for his uniform number.
Jun 20, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Scott Kazmir finished last season very strong with a 2.57 ERA and 43/4 K/BB ratio in five September starts and pitched well overall for the Indians, but when it came time to cash in as a free agent teams proved skeptical about his career being back on track after he fell all the way down to independent ball.
Jun 17, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Oakland has placed left-hander Drew Pomeranz on the disabled list with a fractured right (non-pitching) hand, putting on hold what had been a nice season for the former top prospect who’d previously struggled in the majors with the Rockies.
Jun 9, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Ubaldo Jimenez is 13 starts into a four-year, $50 million deal with the Orioles and things aren’t going well at all.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 286
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (287)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)