Jul 21, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
There are no dynasties in baseball anymore. But the Tigers have been a mini-dynasty in the AL Central, having won it for the past four seasons. In the past two weeks, however, their aims have radically changed.
Jul 17, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
“It looks like he did it again.”
Jul 15, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
A hurt Miguel Cabrera and a mess of a pitching staff should have the Tigers thinking “rebuild.” But there is no indication that they will.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:55 AM EDT
Not-an-All-Star Brian Dozier showed that, while his .500+ slugging percentage is apparently not worth a trip to Cincinnati, it’s worth something.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
The Tigers have no great internal options to replace Miguel Cabrera and not much with which to trade.
Jul 2, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He thinks Gerrit Cole hit him intentionally. He’s probably right.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 21, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
Victor Martinez is back with the Tigers after missing over a month of action with discomfort in his surgically-repaired left knee and he went way deep in Sunday’s series finale at Yankee Stadium …
Jun 19, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Is his surgically repaired knee still an issue?
Jun 16, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Tigers slugger Victor Martinez was cleared to begin a minor league rehab assignment Sunday at Triple-A Toledo and he will remain with the Mud Hens through Thursday. There’s nothing official yet, but V-Mart is expected to …
Jun 13, 2015, 3:05 PM EDT
The 36-year-old Martinez has been sidelined for about a month due to inflammation in his surgically-repaired left knee.
May 19, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Martinez has hit .216 with one homer and a .578 OPS.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:29 AM EDT
V-Mart took a few days off this week to rest his knee.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes is in the DH spot today, with Rajai Davis and Anthony Gose both in the lineup.
Apr 14, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
Brantley played Opening Day, sat out two games, returned for one game Friday, and is now out of the lineup for a third straight game.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Scary moment here for the Tigers…
Mar 22, 2015, 10:01 AM EDT
Cabrera will be the designated hitter in the Tigers’ home game against the Nationals and Martinez will DH on the road against the Braves. They’re both expected to get around three at-bats.
Mar 21, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
Great news here for the Tigers…
Mar 16, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Can the Tigers win a fifth straight AL Central title?
Mar 14, 2015, 10:59 PM EDT
The Tigers could get their two best hitters into spring action quite soon.
Mar 9, 2015, 5:17 PM EDT
Martinez re-signed with the Tigers on a four-year, $68 million deal as a free agent this offseason after hitting .335 with 32 homers and a career-high .974 OPS at age 35.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
The million a year helped, but Chamberlain’s son provided the definitive push back to Detroit.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Which would be a little ahead of schedule.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Some key players are making some encouraging strides on the health front.
Feb 23, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
He’s not in camp yet, but he’s been hitting at home and tells his manager that he’s pain-free.
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 44
- The Nationals and Phillies are nearing a trade for Jonathan Papelbon 25
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 81
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)