Oct 18, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
Russell will serve as a special assistant to new Diamondbacks senior VP of baseball operations De Jon Watson.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Oct 7, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Up from $14.1 million last year.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 3, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Brad Ausmus didn’t learn a thing, apparently, after Thursday night’s debacle.
Oct 3, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
The Tigers just scored five runs on ten pitches.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:27 PM EDT
This is the 35th playoff game of Cruz’s career and he’s hit 15 homers with a .709 slugging percentage.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Sep 29, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
If your team is eliminated, what do you do? Let us help.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 28, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Jose Altuve and Justin Morneau are your 2014 batting champions in the American League and the National League, respectively.
Sep 28, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
David Price allowed just four hits over 7 1/3 shutout innings and Ian Kinsler went 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBI as the Tigers blanked the Twins 3-0 on Saturday afternoon at Comerica Park to clinch the 2014 American League Central championship.
Sep 28, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT
Astros management apparently heard the outcry against their initial decision to hold Jose Altuve out of Sunday’s season finale — against Altuve’s wishes — in order to protect his lead for the batting title …
Sep 28, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Jose Altuve boasts a .340 batting average through 656 at-bats this season and Victor Martinez is at .337 in 558 at-bats. The Astros will take their chances Sunday in the hope of claiming the franchise’s first-ever batting title.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
If someone submitted this script to Screenwriting 101, it’d be rejected as way too on-the-nose. But this ain’t Screenwriting 101. This is baseball. And that kind of stuff just sort of happens in baseball.
Sep 25, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
Nothing like a little late-season drama in the AL Central.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EDT
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 18, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Among all American League hitters with at least 350 plate appearances this season Pearce ranks ranks fourth in OPS, behind only Mike Trout, Jose Abreu, and Victor Martinez.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 54
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 31
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)