Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Aug 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
The White Sox are reportedly interested in signing Victor Martinez away from a division rival.
Aug 28, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
Every time Alex Gordon steps to the plate at Kauffman Stadium these days, fans chant, “M-V-P, M-V-P,” which is fascinating on so many levels.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Aug 24, 2014, 1:21 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera aggravated a lingering right ankle injury Wednesday night on a slide into home plate. He has appeared in — and recorded at least one hit in — every game since, but the issue won’t go away.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 16, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
Oh, and we also get a bonus collision between Victor Martinez and Logan Morrison at first base. Fortunately nobody got hurt here, so this video is just a lot of fun to watch.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Aug 2, 2014, 10:24 PM EST
The Tigers pulled off a rare feat, scoring once in each offensive inning of their win at home against the Rockies.
Jul 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Victor Martinez is skipping the All-Star game because of a side and back injury–allowing teammate Ian Kinsler to join the team in his place–but the Tigers designated hitter is aiming to rejoin the lineup Friday when Detroit begins the second half versus Cleveland.
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 11, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The AL Roster swaps one injured Tiger for a healthy one. Ian Kinsler will replace Victor Martinez.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 3, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
The Tigers’ lineup is at full strength once again, as Victor Martinez is back in his usual designated hitter spot for tonight’s game against the Rays.
Jul 1, 2014, 7:43 PM EST
Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez had to be scratched from Monday’s series opener against the Athletics due to soreness in his back and side and he is also sitting out on Tuesday night in Detroit.
Jun 30, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
The Tigers will be without Victor Martinez when they begin a three-game series against the Athletics tonight in Detroit.
May 30, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
Jim Johnson once again struggled and got an earful from A’s fans on Thursday, and one of his bullpen teammates expressed disappointment with the home crowd.
May 20, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Since the 1950s, only one guy who has hit at least 30 homer runs in a season has struck out less often than he has homered. Victor Martinez is making a run at it right now.
May 19, 2014, 5:07 AM EST
Two homers for Alex Gordon, a triple play for the Rockies and another shellacking of a hapless opponent by the Oakland Athletics.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 8, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Day baseball, man. Day baseball.
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EST
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 5, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
In the time it took to write this excerpt, Ike Davis just struck out looking twice.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)