Dec 13, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Diamondbacks’ rotation looks, uh, pretty iffy going into 2015.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
With Kirk Gibson gone, a look at what’s next for the Diamondbacks.
Aug 23, 2014, 5:10 PM EST
The Padres activated Andrew Cashner from the 15-day disabled list. He’ll make the start Saturday night against the Diamondbacks.
Aug 5, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Brandon McCarthy for the Diamondbacks: 3-10 with a 5.01 ERA in 18 starts.
Brandon McCarthy for the Yankees: 4-0 with a 2.08 ERA in five starts.
Jul 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Yankees have allowed Brandon McCarthy to use his cutter again, a pitch the Diamondbacks discouraged. The right-hander has been solid in two starts in pinstripes thus far.
Jul 17, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
The Yankees have lost four-fifths of their starting rotation with Masahiro Tanaka, CC Sabathia, Michael Pineda, and Ivan Nova all sidelined due to injury, but general manager Brian Cashman isn’t ready to throw in the towel on the season.
Jul 13, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Maybe Madison Bumgarner should be in the Home Run Derby.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EST
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 7, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Brandon McCarthy was traded from Arizona to New York over the weekend, but the Yankees’ new right-hander is now selling a house in Texas.
Jul 6, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
As first reported by Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish, the Yankees have acquired right-handed starting pitcher Brandon McCarthy from the Diamondbacks. Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News says pitcher Vidal Nuno is headed to Arizona in return.
Jun 20, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
The Yankees may be on the prowl for a rotation upgrade in the coming weeks.
Jun 5, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Trailing in a game does little to affect the Oakland A’s right now.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
Ivan Nova was diagnosed Sunday with a partially-torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow and is expected to undergo season-ending Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. That leaves a big gap in the Yankees’ starting rotation — one that will be filled, at least initially, by left-hander Vidal Nuno.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (95)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)