Dec 12, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
The 30-year-old former second-round draft pick was non-tendered by the Angels.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Dec 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Beckham batted .268 with two home runs and a .758 OPS in 61 plate appearances with the Angels down the stretch.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
The Angels’ rotation is thin beyond Matt Shoemaker, Jered Weaver, and C.J. Wilson, so manager Mike Scioscia may do the obvious thing and utilize a three-man rotation in the ALDS.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EST
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Wade LeBlanc is taking his place, but don’t worry.
Nov 11, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
Stockpiling rotation depth, the Angels have signed Wade LeBlanc to a minor-league contract after inking Chris Volstad to a minor-league deal last week. LeBlanc posted a 5.40 ERA in 55 innings for the Marlins and Astros this year and the 28-year-old left-hander has a 4.51 career ERA in 417 innings spent mostly as a starter.…
Jun 24, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
The Astros announced this evening that left-hander Wade LeBlanc has been designated for assignment while infielder Marwin Gonzalez has been optioned to Triple-A Oklahoma City. The team will announce corresponding roster moves tomorrow. LeBlanc was claimed off waivers from the Marlins earlier this month and allowed five runs (four earned) on four hits and three…
Jun 8, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
The Astros added a pitcher to the stable by claiming left-hander Wade LeBlanc off of waivers. The Marlins had put him on waivers on Sunday after he recorded five outs in relief of Kevin Slowey against the Mets. Overall, LeBlanc posted a 5.18 ERA in 48.2 innings this season. Pitching in between the rotation and…
Oct 1, 2012, 11:35 AM EST
If a starter on a non-contender is scratched from his final start, does the pencil on the lineup card still make a sound? Marlins announce : LHP Wade LeBlanc will start tonight for #Marlins against the #Mets. No explanation why it’s not josh Johnson — Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) October 1, 2012 So much talk…
Sep 3, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
In part because Wade LeBlanc has earned an opportunity and in part because limiting rookie Jacob Turner’s workload seems like a good idea the Marlins have decided to go with a six-man rotation down the stretch. Or as manager Ozzie Guillen put it: I don’t want to burn bullets with a guy when we don’t…
Jul 30, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Miami trading for Carlos Zambrano this offseason involved little risk, as the Cubs covered all but $3 million of his $18 million salary and the Marlins only had to part with Chris Volstad in the swap. Unfortunately that low-risk move hasn’t paid off, as Zambrano went 5-9 with a 4.54 ERA and 83/67 K/BB ratio…
Feb 21, 2012, 11:30 PM EST
The hopes are high with LeBron James having one of the greatest statistical seasons in NBA history and the Dolphins potentially landing Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn as their new quarterback. Also, the baseball team has a new name, a new stadium and a new star shortstop. Let’s see if that does the Marlins any…
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 57
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 22
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)