Dec 12, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
The 30-year-old former second-round draft pick was non-tendered by the Angels.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EDT
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Dec 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Beckham batted .268 with two home runs and a .758 OPS in 61 plate appearances with the Angels down the stretch.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
The Angels’ rotation is thin beyond Matt Shoemaker, Jered Weaver, and C.J. Wilson, so manager Mike Scioscia may do the obvious thing and utilize a three-man rotation in the ALDS.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 18, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Wade LeBlanc is taking his place, but don’t worry.
Nov 11, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
Stockpiling rotation depth, the Angels have signed Wade LeBlanc to a minor-league contract after inking Chris Volstad to a minor-league deal last week. LeBlanc posted a 5.40 ERA in 55 innings for the Marlins and Astros this year and the 28-year-old left-hander has a 4.51 career ERA in 417 innings spent mostly as a starter.…
Jun 24, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
The Astros announced this evening that left-hander Wade LeBlanc has been designated for assignment while infielder Marwin Gonzalez has been optioned to Triple-A Oklahoma City. The team will announce corresponding roster moves tomorrow. LeBlanc was claimed off waivers from the Marlins earlier this month and allowed five runs (four earned) on four hits and three…
Jun 8, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
The Astros added a pitcher to the stable by claiming left-hander Wade LeBlanc off of waivers. The Marlins had put him on waivers on Sunday after he recorded five outs in relief of Kevin Slowey against the Mets. Overall, LeBlanc posted a 5.18 ERA in 48.2 innings this season. Pitching in between the rotation and…
Oct 1, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
If a starter on a non-contender is scratched from his final start, does the pencil on the lineup card still make a sound? Marlins announce : LHP Wade LeBlanc will start tonight for #Marlins against the #Mets. No explanation why it’s not josh Johnson — Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) October 1, 2012 So much talk…
Sep 3, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
In part because Wade LeBlanc has earned an opportunity and in part because limiting rookie Jacob Turner’s workload seems like a good idea the Marlins have decided to go with a six-man rotation down the stretch. Or as manager Ozzie Guillen put it: I don’t want to burn bullets with a guy when we don’t…
Jul 30, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Miami trading for Carlos Zambrano this offseason involved little risk, as the Cubs covered all but $3 million of his $18 million salary and the Marlins only had to part with Chris Volstad in the swap. Unfortunately that low-risk move hasn’t paid off, as Zambrano went 5-9 with a 4.54 ERA and 83/67 K/BB ratio…
Feb 21, 2012, 11:30 PM EDT
The hopes are high with LeBron James having one of the greatest statistical seasons in NBA history and the Dolphins potentially landing Peyton Manning or Matt Flynn as their new quarterback. Also, the baseball team has a new name, a new stadium and a new star shortstop. Let’s see if that does the Marlins any…
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)