Apr 22, 2015, 6:50 AM EDT
Runs in bunches and three nice nights from three former heroes who, it turns out, were only mostly dead.
Apr 8, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT
Mat Latos did not have the greatest new-team debut last night.
Apr 5, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
With hours to go until Opening Night, the Padres swung another big trade, choosing the Braves yet again as a partner.
Mar 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the Padres’ bold moves lead to a playoff appearance?
Mar 13, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
Chemistry doesn’t win ballgames. But it doesn’t hurt, and the Padres seem to have it in spades.
Matt Kemp thinks the Padres have the best outfield in baseball. I don’t think he’s right about that.
Feb 26, 2015, 7:32 AM EDT
He’s forgetting, it seems, that outfields also play defense.
Feb 25, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Quentin is still on the roster and under contract for $8 million, but San Diego added Justin Upton Matt Kemp, and Wil Myers in high-profile trades.
Feb 11, 2015, 4:55 PM EDT
Sources say: the Padres
Feb 9, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Padres fans have never had a ton to get excited about. That has changed this winter.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:12 AM EDT
The Padres have reportedly signed starter James Shields to a four-year deal in the $72-76 million range.
Feb 7, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
Is the James Shields saga finally reaching a conclusion?
Feb 1, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
The Padres began their overhaul shortly after signing Clint Barmes to a one-year deal. He wasn’t quite expecting to be on a team expected to seriously contend with the Dodgers in the NL West.
Jan 12, 2015, 8:20 PM EDT
Could new Padres general manager A.J. Preller have another trick up his sleeve this winter?
Jan 11, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
Ichiro Suzuki, Nate Schierholtz, Andy Dirks, and Will Venable top the Marlins’ list of fourth-outfielder candidates.
Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Jan 1, 2015, 12:08 PM EDT
Seth Smith could read the writing on the wall after the Padres traded for Matt Kemp, Wil Myers, and Justin Upton.
Dec 30, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
It was reported as close to happening a few hours ago and now ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick says it’s done: Seth Smith, 32-year-old Padres outfielder, has been traded to the Mariners in a straight swap for 24-year-old right-handed reliever Brandon Maurer.
Dec 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
San Diego has outfielders to spare.
Dec 21, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Wil Myers was rumored to be a potential target for the Phillies in a trade involving Cole Hamels, but it turns out the Padres plan to hang on to him.
Dec 21, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
It makes a lot of sense. And now, it seems, the clubs themselves are starting to talk about it.
Dec 20, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
As part of this week’s three-team Wil Myers trade, the Nationals acquired right-hander Joe Ross and a player to be named later. However, the player to be named later isn’t a mystery. It’s shortstop prospect Trea Turner, who is now in limbo after the trade.
Dec 19, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Padres’ outfield should hit a lot of homers in 2015, but they may give back a lot of those runs on defense.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
The Padres have made a flurry of moves in the past few days. It may help them win some more baseball games. But it will undeniably fire up a fan base that has had nothing to get excited about for years.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:43 AM EDT
The Padres have gone crazy this week. The latest: acquiring Justin Upton and his big bat for a couple of prospects.
Dec 17, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
A three-team, 11-player trade has been agreed upon between the Rays, Padres, and Nationals. It centers around outfielder Wil Myers.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 44
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 60
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)