Aug 17, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Gyorko has almost exclusively played second base and third base as a professional.
Jul 22, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
He was not the infield answer the Padres had been looking for.
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 14, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
The Padres are hopeful that Myers will only have to miss three or four days.
May 14, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Your mid-50s-year-old drunk uncle who peaked during Reagan’s first term and has hated everything since has some questions about Corey Kluber’s toughness.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Mar 28, 2015, 8:57 AM EDT
This isn’t what you want to hear with the start of the season just one week away.
Mar 25, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the Padres’ bold moves lead to a playoff appearance?
Mar 23, 2015, 6:33 PM EDT
And it’s reportedly down to the Dodgers and Padres.
Feb 9, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Padres fans have never had a ton to get excited about. That has changed this winter.
Feb 9, 2015, 2:12 AM EDT
The Padres have reportedly signed starter James Shields to a four-year deal in the $72-76 million range.
Feb 1, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
The Padres began their overhaul shortly after signing Clint Barmes to a one-year deal. He wasn’t quite expecting to be on a team expected to seriously contend with the Dodgers in the NL West.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
A third base hole filled in San Diego, a good defensive catcher goes to Boston.
Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Some trade candidates include Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians, Casey McGehee of the Marlins, and Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox.
Nov 24, 2014, 3:48 PM EDT
A huge day for the Red Sox starts out with a Panda.
Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
It’s not dark yet for the Brewers, but it’s getting there. It’s absolutely pitch black for the A’s, though.
Sep 8, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
This is the largest division lead for the Orioles since way back on September 22, 1979.
Jorge Soler is third player in last 100 years with an extra-base hit in each of his first five games
Sep 1, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
Enos Slaughter (1933) and Will Middlebrooks (2012) are the only others.
Aug 30, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia took an elbow to the head in the second inning of Saturday’s game against the Rays, and had to leave the game.
Jun 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
More bad news for the Red Sox as Will Middlebrooks and Shane Victorino have been shut down indefinitely.
May 20, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
He’s $4 million poorer than if he had accepted Boston’s qualifying offer last fall, but at least now he can play baseball.
May 19, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
Meanwhile, Stephen Drew is running out of shows to binge-watch on Netflix.
May 17, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Red Sox third baseman Will Middlebrooks is headed to the disabled list with a fractured finger suffered last Saturday when he was hit by a pitch.
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
Apr 26, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
He still probably performed better than the guy calling the balls and strikes.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)