Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 9, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
The Mets will be without their seven-time All-Star the rest of the way.
Sep 8, 2014, 8:55 PM EDT
Mets second baseman Daniel Murphy has been sidelined for two weeks with a calf strain.
Jun 3, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Jose Abreu is back, Clayton Kershaw withstood his return and I made a sobering discovery about “Billy Madison.”
May 22, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig is good at baseball.
Apr 6, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Mets left-hander Jon Niese was officially activated from the 15-day disabled list on Saturday night and will make his 2014 regular-season debut in Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Reds.
Jan 30, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson has downplayed the possibility of the club signing free agent Stephen Drew, but there could be an unexpected in-house threat to Ruben Tejada for playing time at shortstop. According to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com, Alderson said in a phone interview that he hasn’t ruled out Wilmer Flores as a possibility:…
Jan 11, 2013, 8:28 PM EDT
We heard earlier today that the Mets are looking at free agent Scott Hairston as a “fallback option” and will only sign him if they can’t find someone better for their outfield. It’s not a surprise who they have on their wish list. Sources tell Marc Carig of New York Newsday that the Mets are…
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 24
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (108)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)