Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Two seasons ago Headley smacked 31 homers, led the league in RBIs, and finished fifth in the MVP balloting, but his production plummeted last season and this year he’s been mostly injured and ineffective.
Jul 10, 2014, 3:48 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran was scratched from the Yankees’ lineup last night when a ball he hit during batting practice bounced off the screen protecting the pitcher and struck his eye. And now he’s been diagnosed with two facial fractures, but they’ve been classified as “small” and the Yankees think he’ll avoid the disabled list.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Yangervis Solarte was one of the Yankees’ biggest bright spots early on this season, coming out of nowhere to make the team as a 26-year-old career minor leaguer, grabbing hold of the starting job at third base, and hitting .300 with six homers and an .834 OPS in 49 games through April and May.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
Apr 25, 2014, 6:51 AM EDT
The Yankees bounce back. The Astros play like bush leaguers.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Yangervis Solarte, Brian Roberts, and Scott Sizemore turned a triple play and got CC Sabathia out of a potential jam.
Apr 5, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
Another injury for Mark Teixeira. He’s headed to the disabled list with a hamstring strain.
Apr 4, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
Mark Teixeira suffered yet another injury.
Apr 4, 2014, 6:08 AM EDT
Discover the one weird trick Coco Crisp used to hit a walkoff home run in last night’s Mariners-A’s game. The answer may shock you!
Apr 1, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Eduardo Nunez, who not so long ago was viewed by many people as the Yankees’ heir apparent to Derek Jeter, has been designated for assignment.
Jan 27, 2013, 10:23 AM EDT
Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that the Rangers have signed utility infielder Jeff Baker to a minor league contract. The deal carries an invitation to spring training, where Baker will attempt to win a spot on the Texas bench. Baker, 31, batted .239/.279/.378 with four homers and 25 RBI in 201 plate appearances last season between…
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)