Apr 26, 2015, 2:58 PM EDT
Two important Dodgers are now on the shelf.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
Could a trip to the disabled list be in Yasiel Puig’s future?
Apr 21, 2015, 6:53 PM EDT
From beat writer Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times comes word that Yasiel Puig will be back in the Dodgers’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Giants after appearing in just one game over the last eight days because of a left hamstring injury.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Puig, who boasts an .886 through 34 plate appearances, is considered day-to-day.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
At least one part of the organization does.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig was held out of the Dodgers’ starting lineup on Tuesday after tweaking his left hamstring at the end of Monday’s walkoff win over the Mariners. And the 24-year-old Cuban is sitting out again Wednesday …
Apr 14, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
Andre Ethier will start in right field vs. Seattle.
Apr 14, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Turns out that, in reality, he DOES want to respect the game.
Apr 14, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He looked OK dumping water on Alex Guerrero, though.
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 2, 2015, 11:44 PM EDT
Puig and Kendrick collided while going after a pop-up in shallow right field.
Mar 24, 2015, 12:09 AM EDT
Rollins told Rosenthal that he “loved” playing in Philadelphia and it made him what he is today, but it also sounds like he has a load off his back.
Mar 23, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
By midseason he’ll have more end-over-end rotation on that flip, but this is good for April.
Mar 18, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
My boy loves Yasiel Puig. My girl loves Clayton Kershaw. They’ve never been to Los Angeles in their lives. How does this happen?
Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a host of changes with their front office and their roster, but will it get them over the hump in October?
Mar 11, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
He scored a run he shouldn’t have scored and saved at least two runs on defense. And the game is only half over.
Mar 10, 2015, 4:53 PM EDT
A lovely day for baseball in Glendale, Arizona.
Mar 10, 2015, 12:12 PM EDT
Rarely is the question asked, is our Puig learning?
Mar 3, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but whatever.
Feb 25, 2015, 2:56 PM EDT
Also: who is the Cuban Derek Jeter?
Feb 24, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
Carl Crawford, Joc Pederson, and Yasiel Puig are expected to open the 2015 season as the Dodgers’ primary starting outfielders.
Feb 24, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
More importantly: Puig is vowing to show up earlier and be better about listening to his coaches and teammates.
Feb 19, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
God, he always wants the spotlight on him, doesn’t he?
Feb 13, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen wrote an excellent article explaining how baseball is disadvantageous to kids from lower-income communities.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:20 AM EDT
Or, perhaps, players aren’t motivated by the same things which motivate fans and broadcasters.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (321)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)