Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Since debuting as a 22-year-old in June of last season Puig has played 249 games and hit .306 with a .387 on-base percentage and .504 slugging percentage.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EST
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 25, 2014, 1:17 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw struck out 11 batters and walked none over eight innings of one-run ball and Yasiel Puig slugged his 16th home run of the year as the Dodgers beat the visiting Giants 9-1 on Wednesday night to clinch their second consecutive division title.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw robbed the Giants with a behind-the-back grab in the top of the third inning Wednesday and then smacked this game-tying RBI triple in the bottom of the fifth …
Sep 24, 2014, 5:06 PM EST
Shocker: Plaschke has a serious double standard when it comes to Mr. Puig.
Sep 24, 2014, 12:27 PM EST
For the third time in a year, Bill Plaschke predicts that Yasiel Puig will end up being the worst thing that ever happened to the Dodgers.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:21 PM EST
Things got a little testy in the bottom of the first inning Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium after Giants starter Madison Bumgarner struck Yasiel Puig in the left foot with a low-and-inside pitch …
Sep 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Hitting the cutoff man is overrated
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EST
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
After a good night last night he’s 12 for his last 30.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
I have to imagine that spending seven-plus months in close quarters with Yasiel Puig can get on one’s nerves.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Yasmani Tomas, 23, could be the next Cuban defector to hit it big — record-breakingly big — on Major League Baseball’s free agent market. Via Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe …
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
Don Mattingly says he has no better options. The press is not so sure.
Sep 10, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
Yasiel Puig’s issues with tardiness are well-chronicled on this website and he showed up late to Dodger Stadium again on Wednesday. But there was a good reason for that …
Sep 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Would you rather play the slumping superstar or a guy who hasn’t shown a thing all year?
Sep 9, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
We feel the same way, Clayton.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
It’d be a fun nation, but probably a tad dangerous.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig is batting just .210/.295/.240 since the beginning of August and newly-promoted prospect Joc Pederson is starting over him on Tuesday night against the Nationals. Which gives you some context for this string of tweets from Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times …
Aug 30, 2014, 5:41 PM EST
Puig has really scuffled this month, hitting .218/.306/.241 with two extra-base hits (both doubles) over 24 games.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)