Sep 11, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
Don Mattingly says he has no better options. The press is not so sure.
Sep 10, 2014, 8:53 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig’s issues with tardiness are well-chronicled on this website and he showed up late to Dodger Stadium again on Wednesday. But there was a good reason for that …
Sep 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Would you rather play the slumping superstar or a guy who hasn’t shown a thing all year?
Sep 9, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
We feel the same way, Clayton.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EDT
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
It’d be a fun nation, but probably a tad dangerous.
Sep 2, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig is batting just .210/.295/.240 since the beginning of August and newly-promoted prospect Joc Pederson is starting over him on Tuesday night against the Nationals. Which gives you some context for this string of tweets from Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times …
Aug 30, 2014, 5:41 PM EDT
Puig has really scuffled this month, hitting .218/.306/.241 with two extra-base hits (both doubles) over 24 games.
Aug 25, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Harper just test-drives bats. Which makes a lot of sense, actually.
Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Mets turned a rare 5-4-3-2 triple play against the Dodgers in Sunday afternoon’s game.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Red Sox paid a lot of money to get this guy. Expect him in the Sox’ outfield early next season.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:59 PM EDT
Castillo could reportedly make his decision this weekend.
Aug 21, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
It’s better than no baseball in November, right?
Aug 19, 2014, 9:46 AM EDT
Baseball used to be fun, darn it.
Aug 18, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
28 teams reportedly attended a showcase for Cuban free agent Rusney Castillo late last month.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 14, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Why did Don Mattingly spend two months playing Andre Ethier in center field and Yasiel Puig in right field?
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Aug 9, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Crazy things tend to happen when Yasiel Puig is around. Here’s the latest example.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Aug 5, 2014, 12:02 PM EDT
Kershaw? Puig? Stanton?
Aug 5, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
He can be so good and so bad in so short a period of time.
Aug 5, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Now that there are so many ways to consume and understand baseball, the idea of one man symbolizing everything important about it is obsolete.
Aug 2, 2014, 10:12 AM EDT
Yasiel Puig doing Yasiel Puig things.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
A good day for Clayton Kershaw. A bad day for Cliff Lee, Tyler Skaggs and Eric Hosmer.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)