Oct 3, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Game 1 of the NLDS went off-script and it turned out to be a fun match-up between bitter playoff rivals.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:43 PM EDT
There’s history dating back to last year’s playoffs.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
If you predicted Randal Grichuk to homer off of Clayton Kershaw in the first game of the NLDS, please step forward to collect your prize.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. Adam Wainwright.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
When you follow THE CARDINAL WAY, you do not celebrate the way heathens like the Dodgers do.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Since debuting as a 22-year-old in June of last season Puig has played 249 games and hit .306 with a .387 on-base percentage and .504 slugging percentage.
Sep 25, 2014, 7:18 AM EDT
The Dodgers clinch the NL West behind another outstanding performance from Clayton Kershaw.
Sep 25, 2014, 1:17 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw struck out 11 batters and walked none over eight innings of one-run ball and Yasiel Puig slugged his 16th home run of the year as the Dodgers beat the visiting Giants 9-1 on Wednesday night to clinch their second consecutive division title.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw robbed the Giants with a behind-the-back grab in the top of the third inning Wednesday and then smacked this game-tying RBI triple in the bottom of the fifth …
Sep 24, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
Shocker: Plaschke has a serious double standard when it comes to Mr. Puig.
Sep 24, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
For the third time in a year, Bill Plaschke predicts that Yasiel Puig will end up being the worst thing that ever happened to the Dodgers.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
Things got a little testy in the bottom of the first inning Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium after Giants starter Madison Bumgarner struck Yasiel Puig in the left foot with a low-and-inside pitch …
Sep 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Hitting the cutoff man is overrated
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:14 AM EDT
The Royals salvage one and their hopes of an AL Central title remain alive.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
After a good night last night he’s 12 for his last 30.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
I have to imagine that spending seven-plus months in close quarters with Yasiel Puig can get on one’s nerves.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Yasmani Tomas, 23, could be the next Cuban defector to hit it big — record-breakingly big — on Major League Baseball’s free agent market. Via Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe …
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Sep 11, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
Don Mattingly says he has no better options. The press is not so sure.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)