Feb 20, 2015, 10:19 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw campaigned heavily for the Dodgers to keep A.J. Ellis.
Jan 13, 2015, 6:25 PM EST
According to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, the Dodgers have avoided salary arbitration with catcher A.J. Ellis on a one-year, $4.25 million agreement.
Dec 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
This means the Padres will only have to pay Kemp $3 million next season.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:27 PM EST
It took long enough, but Matt Kemp has finally been traded to the Padres.
Dec 14, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Matt Kemp deal will come closer to becoming finalized when the outfielder takes a physical.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:50 AM EST
Haters gonna hate.
Dec 11, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
The deal isn’t officially announced, but Matt Kemp said goodbye to Dodgers fans and the city of Los Angeles today after learning that he’s headed to the Padres.
Dec 11, 2014, 3:54 AM EST
The Dodgers aren’t done making deals yet. They are reportedly close to a trade to send outfielder Matt Kemp to San Diego.
Dec 10, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
The Dodgers are known to have their eyes on Padres catcher Yasmani Grandal, but Los Angeles wants at least one other piece.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
For someone who batted just .184 this past season, veteran catcher David Ross is pretty popular right now.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Kemp appears more and more likely to be headed to the Padres.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:09 PM EST
Matt Kemp may soon be on the move. Just a bit south down the I-5.
Dec 4, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Yasmani Grandal could be one of the pieces to head back to the Dodgers.
Dec 1, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Grandal returned from a major knee injury to play well in 2014, hitting 15 homers and posting a .728 OPS in 128 games despite calling pitcher-friendly Petco Park home.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Padres have three worthy catchers and all of them are drawing trade interest.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
And wouldn’t you know it, it worked.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Yankees are, in my view anyway, unlikely to make the playoffs. Yet they refuse, Rasputin-like, to die.
Jul 20, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
Odrisamer Despaigne is attempting to do something no Padres pitcher has ever done: throw a no-hitter.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
For the second time in two years, Tim Lincecum no-hits the San Diego Padres.
Jun 24, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
What could have been a turn-around start in a disappointing season for Matt Cain quickly turned into another bad loss.
May 24, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
The Orioles have secured some Matt Wieters insurance.
May 1, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
In today’s ATH we offer a few quick history lessons too. For example, did you know that “And That Happened” used to be called “Hark, this Occurred” back when it was a print feature? True story.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
San Diego is looking to trade one-time starting catcher Nick Hundley.
Mar 27, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The San Diego Padres The Big Question: Can the Padres stay healthy enough to surprise? The last two years with…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)