Aug 16, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner beat the Nationals all by himself on Sunday, homering and striking out 14 in a shutout.
Aug 5, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
The Red Sox had a 2-1 lead in the sixth inning of this one. If you were watching, I hope you weren’t the type who falls asleep during the sixth inning.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:29 PM EDT
Gallardo isn’t going into the trade deadline on a high note, as he has allowed five runs in three straight starts.
Jul 13, 2015, 7:47 AM EDT
Another day, another walkoff win for the surging Pirates.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:11 AM EDT
He has a 2.56 ERA and a 72/31 K/BB ratio over 102 innings on the season.
May 14, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Milwaukee called up 21-year-old prospect Luis Sardinas to fill in the position.
Apr 10, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Reds and Johnny Cueto didn’t match up on a contract extension, as the right-hander has some big numbers in mind.
Apr 6, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Rodriguez was released by the Braves last week after missing out on a rotation spot, but he has quickly found a new opportunity.
Apr 2, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Will this get worse before it gets better?
Mar 26, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
It will be Gallardo’s sixth straight Opening Day start and first as a member of the Rangers.
Mar 20, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Cole Hamels figures to be a hot topic of conversation between now and the July 31 trade deadline as the Phillies continue to rebuild.
Mar 19, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
This was a top-heavy group last year and it killed them down the stretch. It’s top-heavy again in 2015.
Mar 13, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
With Yovani Gallardo out of the picture, Kyle Lohse will start on Opening Day for the Brew Crew.
Mar 7, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
The Rangers aren’t expected to trade for Dillon Gee or Cole Hamels following the Yu Darvish news.
Jan 31, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Padres general manager A.J. Preller has been very active on the trade front this offseason, but he might not be done yet.
Jan 25, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
With Yovani Gallardo out of the picture, Brewers GM Doug Melvin said he’s not looking to add a notable starting pitcher.
Jan 20, 2015, 10:20 AM EDT
Gallardo grew up in Texas and indicated Monday that he’d be open to a long-term deal.
Jan 19, 2015, 7:57 PM EDT
After dealing Yovani Gallardo to the Rangers, many speculated that the Brewers will make a run at free agent right-hander James Shields. Brewers GM Doug Melvin doesn’t see it happening.
Jan 19, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
The Rangers officially acquired right-hander Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers this afternoon in exchange for infielder Luis Sardinas and right-handers Corey Knebel and Marcos Diplan, but they looked into a more high-profile addition before deciding on the trade.
Jan 19, 2015, 5:16 PM EDT
The Rangers sent three players, including infield prospect Luis Sardinas, to the Brewers in exchange for starter Yovani Gallardo.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
The Brewers and Rangers are reviewing medical records. Assuming there are no red flags, Yovani Gallardo will head to Texas.
Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
The Rangers are on the verge of acquiring starter Yovani Gallardo from the Brewers according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Gallardo posted an ERA above 4.00 last season for the first time in his career, but bounced back to throw 192 innings with a 3.51 ERA this year at age 28.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Gallardo has bounced back from an up-and-down 2013 season to post a career-best 3.51 ERA with a 146/54 K/BB ratio in 192 innings.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)