Nov 25, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Darvish missed the final six weeks of the season with an elbow injury.
Sep 6, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
If you want to see Yu Darvish pitch, you’ll have to wait until 2015.
ESPN’s Calvin Watkins doubles down on his Yu Darvish nonsense. Also fails to understand how the DL works.
Aug 26, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
In which an ESPN analyst apparently believes that the disabled list is like the NFL’s injured reserve.
Aug 25, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
Capping off a disappointing first year with the Rangers, Shin-Soo Choo is headed for season-ending elbow surgery.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
If he’s done, Darvish will finish his third MLB season with a 3.06 ERA in 22 starts, leading the league in strikeout rate for the second year in a row at 11.3 per nine innings.
Aug 21, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
When you put a football analyst on the baseball beat, you’re gonna have a bad time.
Aug 15, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Rangers manager Ron Washington thinks ace Yu Darvish will return on August 25. Darvish was recently placed on the disabled list with a right elbow injury.
Aug 14, 2014, 9:14 PM EST
Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish was placed on the disabled list yesterday with right elbow inflammation, but the good news is that it’s not considered serious.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
The long list of injured Rangers now grows. As first relayed by Jeff Wilson at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, ace Yu Darvish has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow.
Jul 29, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
This is one of those quotes that, if the translation was mangled, could have created an incident.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 28, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
With three hits against the Rangers this evening, Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter has passed Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski for seventh-place on baseball’s all-time hit list.
Jul 19, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
The Rangers, with baseball’s worst record, are expected to sell off some expendable veterans, but they won’t be getting rid of everybody.
Jul 14, 2014, 2:47 PM EST
MLB All-Stars vs. Japanese League All-Stars, anyone?
Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 8, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
Rangers ace Yu Darvish took a stray batting practice off the side of his head on Tuesday evening, but he’s expected to be fine for his start on Wednesday against the Astros.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 3, 2014, 8:43 PM EST
As a result of the change, Yu Darvish could now be available to pitch in the upcoming All-Star Game.
Jun 26, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
Though deserving of the honor to pitch in the All-Star Game, Rangers starter Yu Darvish won’t pitch on one day’s rest in the midsummer classic.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EST
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 18, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
There is one lone sticker on the nameplates in the A’s locker room. It boasts the words “Clutch Norris” above Derek Norris’ stall.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EST
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 2, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Feel the excitement.
Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
Jun 1, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Mark Buehrle reached double digits in wins on Sunday against the Royals while lowering his ERA to 2.10. He’s been enjoying a very productive season for the Blue Jays.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)