Jun 2, 2014, 6:08 AM EST
Six shutouts on Sunday afternoon. So don’t worry if you think you wasted your day because 20% of all major league teams didn’t get much done yesterday either.
Jun 1, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Mark Buehrle reached double digits in wins on Sunday against the Royals while lowering his ERA to 2.10. He’s been enjoying a very productive season for the Blue Jays.
May 29, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Finally, some good news for the Rangers on the health front.
May 28, 2014, 6:37 PM EST
Rangers ace Yu Darvish had to be scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday in Minnesota because of lingering stiffness in his neck, but he hasn’t been placed on the disabled list yet and could be ready by his next turn through the Texas starting rotation.
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
May 27, 2014, 8:58 PM EST
Rangers ace Yu Darvish was scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday night against the Twins because of stiffness in his neck. It’s something that also bothered him during spring straining, so the Rangers — who have been plagued by more injuries than any other team this season — decided to give him an MRI. The results were clean.
May 27, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Rangers ace Yu Darvish has been scratched from tonight’s scheduled start against the Twins with neck stiffness.
May 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
The only thing better than Yu Darvish busting out an eephus pitch is Torii Hunter’s reaction
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 20, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
A quarter of the way into the season, the Phillies have managed to tread water in the not-so-rugged National League East. Now comes a pivotal stage in the team’s schedule.
May 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Yankees right-hander Masahiro Tanaka tossed a complete-game shutout against the Mets last night, improving to 6-0 with a 2.17 ERA eight starts into his rookie season.
May 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Guessing this wouldn’t have happened if Darvish’s near-no-no was an actual no-no.
May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
1. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe that ball absolutely should have been caught.
2. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe it should not be ruled an error because neither guy touched the ball.
This is the stupidity of errors in 21st Century America.
May 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
Yu Darvish once again fell one out shy of a no-hitter on Friday night. He doesn’t need one to prove he’s one of the very best pitchers in baseball.
May 9, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
We’ve heard it before, and we’ll certainly continue to hear it: Yu Darvish is working on a no-hitter.
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
Apr 29, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Yu Darvish turned in the shortest start of his career last night against Oakland, failing to make it out of the fourth inning. It was his first non-Quality Start of the season and continues a career-long pattern for Darvish of struggling against the A’s.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EST
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 11, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Scott Feldman dazzled in Friday’s start against the Rangers under tough circumstances.
Apr 7, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Added to the Rangers’ rotation following a rash of injuries, Joe Saunders is now headed to the disabled list with a bruised ankle.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EST
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 6, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
Rangers ace Yu Darvish reached a pretty cool milestone and broke a 13-year-old major league record in the process Sunday in his 2014 regular-season debut against the Rays …
Apr 4, 2014, 9:49 PM EST
The Rangers saw another pitcher succumb to an injury.
Apr 2, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
Yu Darvish was scratched from his scheduled Opening Day start and placed on the disabled list with a neck injury, but T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that the Rangers right-hander will come off the shelf Sunday against the Rays.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)