May 27, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Rangers ace Yu Darvish has been scratched from tonight’s scheduled start against the Twins with neck stiffness.
May 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
The only thing better than Yu Darvish busting out an eephus pitch is Torii Hunter’s reaction
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 20, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
A quarter of the way into the season, the Phillies have managed to tread water in the not-so-rugged National League East. Now comes a pivotal stage in the team’s schedule.
May 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Yankees right-hander Masahiro Tanaka tossed a complete-game shutout against the Mets last night, improving to 6-0 with a 2.17 ERA eight starts into his rookie season.
May 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Guessing this wouldn’t have happened if Darvish’s near-no-no was an actual no-no.
May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
1. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe that ball absolutely should have been caught.
2. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe it should not be ruled an error because neither guy touched the ball.
This is the stupidity of errors in 21st Century America.
May 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Yu Darvish once again fell one out shy of a no-hitter on Friday night. He doesn’t need one to prove he’s one of the very best pitchers in baseball.
May 9, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
We’ve heard it before, and we’ll certainly continue to hear it: Yu Darvish is working on a no-hitter.
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
Apr 29, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Yu Darvish turned in the shortest start of his career last night against Oakland, failing to make it out of the fourth inning. It was his first non-Quality Start of the season and continues a career-long pattern for Darvish of struggling against the A’s.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EDT
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 11, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Scott Feldman dazzled in Friday’s start against the Rangers under tough circumstances.
Apr 7, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Added to the Rangers’ rotation following a rash of injuries, Joe Saunders is now headed to the disabled list with a bruised ankle.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 6, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Rangers ace Yu Darvish reached a pretty cool milestone and broke a 13-year-old major league record in the process Sunday in his 2014 regular-season debut against the Rays …
Apr 4, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
The Rangers saw another pitcher succumb to an injury.
Apr 2, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Yu Darvish was scratched from his scheduled Opening Day start and placed on the disabled list with a neck injury, but T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that the Rangers right-hander will come off the shelf Sunday against the Rays.
Apr 1, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Rangers ace Yu Darvish took a big step in the right direction Tuesday in his recovery from a late-spring neck injury.
Mar 31, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Yu Darvish was scratched from his Opening Day start and placed on the disabled list with a strained neck, but the Rangers right-hander felt healthy enough to throw a bullpen session Sunday. Manager Ron Washington told Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas that onlookers were “very encouraged” by how Darvish threw, but no decision has been…
Mar 28, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Yankees GM Brian Cashman signed Japanese starter Masahiro Tanaka to a seven-year, $155 million contract in January, then spent some time deflating expectations for the right-hander. His spring performance, including his final outing Friday afternoon against the Marlins, may have reinflated those expectations. Hiroki Kuroda started and tossed three scoreless innings before Tanaka entered the…
Mar 28, 2014, 3:51 PM EDT
Released by the Mariners earlier this week, right-hander Scott Baker has agreed to a new minor-league contract with the Rangers. Texas was in the market for rotation depth with Yu Darvish, Matt Harrison, and Derek Holland all hurting, but Baker was a mess in Mariners camp and missed nearly all of the past two seasons…
Mar 26, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Texas is desperate for rotation help right now with Yu Darvish, Matt Harrison, and Derek Holland all hurt, to the point that the Rangers have turned to Tanner Scheppers as their Opening Day starter despite his never starting an MLB game before. And yet they just released Tommy Hanson, who not so long ago was…
Mar 26, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Here’s something you don’t see very often: Because of injuries knocking Yu Darvish, Matt Harrison, and Derek Holland out of the mix the Rangers have turned to Tanner Scheppers as their Opening Day starter and it will also be the 27-year-old right-hander’s first career start in the majors. Scheppers was an occasional starter in the…
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)