Jun 1, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle reached double digits in wins on Sunday against the Royals while lowering his ERA to 2.10. He’s been enjoying a very productive season for the Blue Jays.
May 29, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Finally, some good news for the Rangers on the health front.
May 28, 2014, 6:37 PM EDT
Rangers ace Yu Darvish had to be scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday in Minnesota because of lingering stiffness in his neck, but he hasn’t been placed on the disabled list yet and could be ready by his next turn through the Texas starting rotation.
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
May 27, 2014, 8:58 PM EDT
Rangers ace Yu Darvish was scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday night against the Twins because of stiffness in his neck. It’s something that also bothered him during spring straining, so the Rangers — who have been plagued by more injuries than any other team this season — decided to give him an MRI. The results were clean.
May 27, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Rangers ace Yu Darvish has been scratched from tonight’s scheduled start against the Twins with neck stiffness.
May 23, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
The only thing better than Yu Darvish busting out an eephus pitch is Torii Hunter’s reaction
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 20, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
A quarter of the way into the season, the Phillies have managed to tread water in the not-so-rugged National League East. Now comes a pivotal stage in the team’s schedule.
May 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Yankees right-hander Masahiro Tanaka tossed a complete-game shutout against the Mets last night, improving to 6-0 with a 2.17 ERA eight starts into his rookie season.
May 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Guessing this wouldn’t have happened if Darvish’s near-no-no was an actual no-no.
May 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
1. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe that ball absolutely should have been caught.
2. Ninety-nine percent of baseball fans believe it should not be ruled an error because neither guy touched the ball.
This is the stupidity of errors in 21st Century America.
May 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
Yu Darvish once again fell one out shy of a no-hitter on Friday night. He doesn’t need one to prove he’s one of the very best pitchers in baseball.
May 9, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
We’ve heard it before, and we’ll certainly continue to hear it: Yu Darvish is working on a no-hitter.
May 5, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
What a fun, relaxing weekend. Not just for all of us who watched races and sipped julep. It was relaxing for Carlos Beltran too.
Apr 29, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Yu Darvish turned in the shortest start of his career last night against Oakland, failing to make it out of the fourth inning. It was his first non-Quality Start of the season and continues a career-long pattern for Darvish of struggling against the A’s.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:36 AM EDT
Sonny Gray, sweeping the clouds away.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 11, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Scott Feldman dazzled in Friday’s start against the Rangers under tough circumstances.
Apr 7, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Added to the Rangers’ rotation following a rash of injuries, Joe Saunders is now headed to the disabled list with a bruised ankle.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EDT
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 6, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Rangers ace Yu Darvish reached a pretty cool milestone and broke a 13-year-old major league record in the process Sunday in his 2014 regular-season debut against the Rays …
Apr 4, 2014, 9:49 PM EDT
The Rangers saw another pitcher succumb to an injury.
Apr 2, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Yu Darvish was scratched from his scheduled Opening Day start and placed on the disabled list with a neck injury, but T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that the Rangers right-hander will come off the shelf Sunday against the Rays.
Apr 1, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Rangers ace Yu Darvish took a big step in the right direction Tuesday in his recovery from a late-spring neck injury.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 22
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)