Feb 21, 2015, 8:25 PM EST
Manager Terry Collins believes the Mets have what it takes to get back to the playoffs.
Feb 11, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
As first reported by MLB.com’s Jane Lee, the A’s have avoided arbitration with reliever Tyler Clippard by agreeing to a one-year, $8.3 million deal.
Feb 8, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Danny Espinosa will bat right-handed exclusively in 2015.
Jan 19, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Ben Zobrist and his wife Julianna thanked Rays fans in a full-page ad for the Tampa Bay Times on Sunday.
Jan 18, 2015, 10:59 PM EST
The Nationals don’t appear eager to move shortstop Ian Desmond at the moment.
Jan 18, 2015, 8:23 PM EST
The Nationals have some interest in free agent reliever Casey Janssen.
Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Oakland and Washington have made an average of one trade every five months for the past four years.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 11, 2015, 8:17 PM EST
The Nationals, Mets, and Rays engaged in a discussion that would have resulted in a blockbuster trade involving Ben Zobrist and Ian Desmond. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Jan 10, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Josh Reddick openly criticized the logic behind the Josh Donaldson deal, but he’s back on board with Billy Beane’s plan after today’s trade for Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Aug 25, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
Tampa Bay was only able to negotiate a deal with Oakland and ultimately decided Escobar was worth hanging onto with two seasons and $13 million remaining on his contract.
Aug 25, 2014, 9:49 AM EST
The teams matchup on paper. But baseball isn’t played on paper. If it was, anyone could do it.
Aug 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
From FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal comes word that the Athletics have claimed Rays shortstop Yunel Escobar off revocable waivers. The two teams have until 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday to work out a trade.
Aug 23, 2014, 4:12 PM EST
The Blue Jays were allowed to challenge a play after a batter stepped into the batter’s box and the pitcher stepped onto the pitcher’s mound, despite what Section II.D of the replay rules states.
Jul 27, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Rays and Red Sox have been nipping at each other throughout the season, so it was no surprise that Chris Archer took exception when David Ortiz gawked at his three-run home run.
Jul 1, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Escobar has had a poor first half, batting .244 with four homers and a .650 OPS that’s 80 points below his career mark, and his usually stellar defensive numbers have dipped significantly.
Jun 4, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Derek Dietrich has been the Marlins’ starting second baseman since being called up from the minors in the middle of last season and he’s actually hit well this year with a .773 OPS in 41 games, but he’s been demoted back to Triple-A because the team thinks his defense is terrible.
May 31, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
David Ortiz made some stirring comments about David Price to the media after Friday’s game. Price responded on Saturday.
May 30, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
There is a lot of bad blood between the Red Sox and Rays. Things boiled over on Friday night.
May 26, 2014, 2:50 AM EST
To bunt or not to bunt…
May 25, 2014, 5:19 PM EST
The Red Sox didn’t like it when Yunel Escobar of the Rays took third base with his team leading 8-3 in the bottom of the seventh inning Sunday at Tropicana Field and promptly let him know.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
Apr 23, 2014, 9:29 AM EST
Not the best call by instant replay officials in the system’s brief history.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 9
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)