Feb 4, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Orioles have avoided arbitration with closer Zach Britton by agreeing to a one-year deal.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 12, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Hunter struggled as the Orioles’ closer early last year before finishing the season strong in a set-up role.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:07 AM EDT
So much weirdness packed into 10 innings.
Oct 11, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
The Royals loaded the bases with no outs in the top of the ninth and couldn’t push across a run to break a 5-5 tie in Game 1 of the ALCS against the Orioles.
Oct 6, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
As if going to the ALCS wasn’t exciting enough.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
Some thoughts on the Royals’ plans as they get ready to battle the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:07 PM EDT
It won’t get the attention of his earlier bullpen moves, but it’s hard to tell what Brad Ausmus was thinking in the ninth inning Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EDT
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EDT
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Jul 31, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
This morning the Red Sox were reportedly close to trading left-handed reliever Andrew Miller to the Tigers, but that deal apparently fell through because now Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that Miller has been sent to the Orioles.
Jun 21, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including some heroics from Carlos Beltran.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Apr 5, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
According to a report, the Mets turned down an offer from the Orioles over the winter that would have netted them left-hander Zach Britton.
Feb 28, 2013, 7:02 PM EDT
This was understandably lost in the concern regarding Will Middlebrooks‘ wrist, but Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston passes along word that Jonny Gomes required three stitches in his left knee after he banged into the left field fence during last night’s game against the Orioles. It appears Gomes suffered the injury when he made an…
Dec 3, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star says both the Mariners and Orioles are showing strong interest in Royals designated hitter Billy Butler. Dutton sees the Mariners as the more likely trade partner, what with their stockpile of arms that includes Danny Hultzen, Taijuan Walker and James Paxton. The Orioles also have some arms to…
Sep 15, 2012, 8:55 AM EDT
The Yankees lost 6-4 to the Rays last night, so the Orioles had yet another chance to gain sole possession of first-place in the American League East. They failed to make it happen. In front of a packed house at O.co Coliseum, the Athletics topped the Orioles 3-2 last night. Yes, the Orioles actually lost…
Sep 9, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
There was nothing settled in Baltimore this weekend: the Yankees crushed the Orioles 13-3 on Sunday to earn a split of the four-game series and maintain a one-game lead in the AL East. Curtis Granderson and Derek Jeter homered in the rout. The Yankees took a 5-0 lead in a four-run fourth inning that included…
Sep 5, 2012, 6:11 AM EDT
Orioles 12, Blue Jays 0: Zach Britton throwing seven shutout innings + Mark Reynolds driving in four + Yankees losing = First place for the Orioles dudes. Rays 5, Yankees 2: This is that Yankees loss I just mentioned. Freddy Garcia allowed five runs over five. I know this isn’t the case, but as I sit…
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)