Sep 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu didn’t throw as expected on Friday, but hopes to do so before the weekend is over. He’s hoping to return to the Dodgers in time for the playoffs.
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Sep 4, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
For the millionth time, Zack Greinke is the best.
Aug 28, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke get most of the attention in the Dodgers’ rotation–and rightfully so–but Ryu has also been fantastic with a 3.12 ERA in 53 starts since signing a six-year, $36 million contract with Los Angeles last offseason.
Aug 20, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
Joe Posnanski says the Royals’ plan is finally falling into place and has their fans believing they can get back to the glory days of the 1970s.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Zack Greinke skipped his usual between-starts bullpen session because of elbow soreness and Dodgers manager Don Mattingly declined to say whether he expected the right-hander to take his next turn in the rotation Thursday against the Padres.
Aug 15, 2014, 7:05 AM EDT
Striking out 14 guys and/or scoring seven runs: strongly correlated with winning games.
Aug 3, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Colon will hit a milestone if he can reel off a third straight victory this afternoon.
Jul 20, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
Matt Carpenter walked, Kolten Wong singled, Matt Holliday singled, and Matt Adams homered as the Cardinals plated four runs before Dodgers starter Zack Greinke could even record an out Saturday in an eventual 4-2 victory at a sold-out Busch Stadium.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 4, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
The Dodgers starters strike out more batters than almost everyone else. They walk fewer than everyone else. That’s a pretty good way to live life.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
Jun 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Greinke admitted to being “pretty rude” when he left Kansas City before the 2011 season.
Jun 24, 2014, 6:44 AM EDT
Two guys had multiple homer games last night. Four teams got shutout. Just another night in the all-or-nothing age of Major League Baseball
Jun 10, 2014, 6:28 AM EDT
Lonnie Chisenhall went 5 for 5 with 3 home runs and 9 RBI. Mercy.
May 31, 2014, 11:42 AM EDT
After fanning 12 batters last night against the Rockies, Indians right-hander Corey Kluber leads the majors with 95 strikeouts.
May 30, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Last month Dodgers right-hander Chad Billingsley had to stop his minor-league rehab assignment for Tommy John surgery due to a setback, but he returned to the mound yesterday by throwing a simulated game.
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 22, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Yasiel Puig is good at baseball.
May 17, 2014, 7:00 AM EDT
Six shutouts last night. Two of the pitcher variety. Where has all the offense gone?
May 15, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Yankees right-hander Masahiro Tanaka tossed a complete-game shutout against the Mets last night, improving to 6-0 with a 2.17 ERA eight starts into his rookie season.
May 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Dillon Gee’s remarkable run dating back to last season will be put on hold, as the Mets have placed the right-hander on the disabled list with a strained lat muscle.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)