Aug 28, 2015, 8:02 AM EDT
Zack Greinke is doing things guys have not done since the Dead Ball era. And I do not mean making scary faces like that.
Aug 23, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Houston got to Zack Greinke on Saturday for a 3-1 victory and Mike Fiers threw a no-hitter on Friday. This is coming together as a statement series for the ‘Stros here in late August.
Aug 19, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
Latos has allowed 12 runs in 14.2 innings for the Dodgers.
Aug 17, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The Nats were everyone’s preseason favorites. Now they need to arrest their current skid or else face watching playoff baseball from their rec rooms.
Aug 17, 2015, 6:56 AM EDT
Chris Sale was one of many pitchers who shined yesterday.
Aug 16, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Zack Greinke contributed on the mound and at the plate in Sunday’s win against the Reds.
Aug 16, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner beat the Nationals all by himself on Sunday, homering and striking out 14 in a shutout.
Aug 14, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
First we’ll use Spahn, then we’ll use Sain, then an off day followed by rain. Back will come Spahn, followed by Sain, and followed, we hope, by two days of rain.
Aug 12, 2015, 7:12 AM EDT
All 15 home teams won yesterday. That has never happened since there have been 30 teams in baseball. Madison Bumgarner pitched fantastically. That happens all the time.
Aug 11, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Harper, 22, has hit .333/.460/.650 with 29 home runs and 69 RBI in 105 games this season. It would be a shame — and a massive blow for the second-place Nationals — if the 22-year-old superstar is forced to miss an extended period of time.
Aug 9, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Zack Greinke could hit the market as a free agent if he opts out of his contract, but Dodgers Stan Kasten won’t worry about that until the 2015 season is over.
Aug 7, 2015, 7:19 PM EDT
Gregory Polanco greeted Clayton Kershaw and his streak of 37 consecutive scoreless innings rather rudely on Friday.
Aug 7, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff for Ian Kinsler and the Tigers, a possible double-agent fails and then succeeds in the Astros-A’s game and there is evil afoot in Washington and Atlanta.
Aug 6, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
Greinke got the win despite a rough day on the mound, but he had a huge day with the bat.
Aug 4, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
A few weeks ago I had no idea what an Adonis Garcia even was.
Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37
Aug 1, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw is good at baseball, the lefty confirmed on Saturday.
Jul 31, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw has been scratched from a start yet again due to a hip problem.
Jul 29, 2015, 5:21 PM EDT
The trade deadline be crazy.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A monster day for the young — Mike Trout — and for the old — David Ortiz.
Jul 26, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
A raccoon wanted to get swole in the Mets’ clubhouse weight room.
Jul 26, 2015, 2:57 PM EDT
Here is how Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ended Sunday afternoon at 45 2/3 …
Jul 26, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Greinke’s streak started on June 13, and he hadn’t allowed a runner to reach third base since June 23.
Jul 24, 2015, 2:09 PM EDT
He’ll likely be back against the A’s on Tuesday.
Jul 23, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
Kershaw was perfect until Curtis Granderson led off the bottom of the seventh inning with a single.
Jul 23, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Greinke’s scoreless innings streak will have to wait.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 2
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)